Arriving at German Unit

Soon I will be arriving at my new unit in Germany.

Who would be the best person to phone and get information from?

I have no idea what to do from the airport.

*Cue Call the RSM joke*

Call the RS...... oh.

Have you just completed training? Were you not given a POC at your new unit? Who arranged your flights?

Thanks for the reply

Yes, just finished at Blandford. No POC was given, only flights and rail itinerary received from movement.

Contemplating phoning the Sqn Clerk as that is the only phone number I have at the moment.

Phone clerk, at least a good start and then you can get from him within the Sqn where you are going and Tp.

Thank you. Will phone the clerk and see what happens.

Nightmare trying to get the correct phone number.

It would appear that they are. No, Military Enquiries gave me an invalid number and the civvy numbers from BFG net are not working. Am I doing something wrong?

Try the Hive.

HIVE-Europe

Or just turn up at the guardroom and say "Hi. Now what?" like everyone else does.

There will be Garrison Transport at the Airhead and ever so helpful military movers to guide you to the correct bus with even more helpful bus drivers to assist you with your luggage. You simply need to know what barracks to get off at. Once there the uber (get used to boxhedaniesse) helpful guard room will point you in the direction of your accommodation and the bend over backwards Duty NCO will show you to your room. Simples. Oh you’re Royal Signals, you will get beasted from not having crease in your jeans, a name tag on your jacket and highly bulled shoes from the second you arrive, unlucky ^~

It would appear that they are. No, Military Enquiries gave me an invalid number and the civvy numbers from BFG net are not working. Am I doing something wrong?
7 Sigs disbanded July 2012. Didn't any one tell you?

That's what I did... then got beasted to within an inch of my life.

BAOR humour.
I had a posting changed at the last minute and on arrival at the Guardroom (about 20:00 ish on a sunday) it turned out they weren't expecting me.

"Can I come in anyway?"
"Yeah, alright. Kettles in the back, I'm Coffee Nato, he's Tea Nato 1 and it's your crash. No ****** wants the guardbox, so dig in if you're feeling brave. Corned Beef and Tomato and sugar bag has split"

There will be Garrison Transport at the Airhead and ever so helpful military movers to guide you to the correct bus with even more helpful bus drivers to assist you with your luggage. You simply need to know what barracks to get off at. Once there the uber (get used to boxhedaniesse) helpful guard room will point you in the direction of your accommodation and the bend over backwards Duty NCO will show you to your room. Simples. Oh you’re Royal Signals, you will get beasted from not having crease in your jeans, a name tag on your jacket and highly bulled shoes from the second you arrive, unlucky ^~
Sounds about right.