Arrest order for WikiLeaks' Assange Swedish prosecutor seeks arrest of whistleblower

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jumpinjarhead, Nov 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh dear, if Assange's hosts in Sweden are now gunning for him - and Lord knows the Swedes will generally tolerate anything, and are knee-jerk anti-Americans - then I suspect there may actually be substance to these allegations. I note that he claims to have been warned by Australian Intelligence of a 'campaign to discredit him' - why exactly would Australian Intelligence concern themselves with Assange? Unless of course, they'd like to talk to him about how his adolescent posturing has placed the lives of Australian military and intelligence personnel in Afghanistan in danger.

2. Suprised he didn't know about it earlier!!

3. Indeed - shouldn't someone have leaked it to him?

4. Interesting aside here; Swedish prosecutors seek Assange arrest • The Register

Have a look at the statement from his lawyer, towards the end of the artice; there appears to be some political interference going on. I also find it interesting that the two ladies making the allegations only did so after becoming aware of each others' relationship wth Assange.