Arrest in Majar al-Kabir Murders

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by western, Nov 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not receiving a lot of publicity though:

After five years, the first arrest in the Redcaps murder case

By Christopher Leake

Last updated at 3:03 AM on 16th November 2008

An Iraqi man has been arrested in connection with the murder of six British Redcaps at a police station near Basra.

The breakthrough in the five-year investigation came after a joint intelligence operation by UK and Iraqi forces.

Five other Iraqis are still being hunted over the killing of the military policemen, who were shot when a mob of 600 Iraqis attacked the station in Majar al-Kabir in June 2003.
  2. msr

msr LE

It will when some scumbag lawyer discovers that he can represent this man on legal aid...

3. And guess which one?...
  4. The cynicism diplayed on this board is shocking, sometimes. Think pure thoughts, whistle a happy tune.
  5. Yeah,right.Seriously,here's hoping that something approaching justice can be brought in the matter,however belated...
  6. Regretfully we don't have a justice system any longer; we have a legal system.

The only people who benefit from it are the inhuman rights lawyers. By an interesting coincidence, the ex-prime minister who did so much to create this situation is married to an inhuman rights lawyer. :x
  7. Isn't it lucky that none of the Iraqis will be tried under our legal system then!!!!

8. If they are looking for a hangman, I'll be first in line.
  9. Sure you will. Nugget.
  10. Quite a bold statement really. Have you looked at the whole package of official executioner for Iraq? I mean, what is the pension like? How many days holiday a year? Gym membership? Don't say silly things in future until you know all the facts, I bet you that your Army salary package is much better than you would get hanging people.
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Shiner will be firing up his private jet and squealing about human rights before the week is out
  12. I doubt it - you reckon Shiner has even set foot in Iraq?
  13. Very True. Unfortunately. It would not surprise me if they are now living in Blighty and are working in the kitchens at 'Southpark'.
  14. Well it would surprise the rest of us.
  15. I find it hard to believe that anything would surprise you BABS.