Arrest And Restraint

cool when i was in cadets one of the infantry soldiers who visted us guys showed us his kit he had a casco/asp baton do they get issued to Infantry soldiers ? he said it was for public order .

Smithy97 said:
cool when i was in cadets one of the infantry soldiers who visted us guys showed us his kit he had a casco/asp baton do they get issued to Infantry soldiers ? he said it was for public order .
stop lying dude! you are in cadets! (not a special constable!)

your profile! said:
All about Smithy97

My Occupation: Student / Special Constable
Interests:
James17 said:
Hey guys im new to this fourm , i am a army cadet and one of the soldiers came to our detachment .
he was showing us his kit , he had a ASP/Casco Baton said they use them for public order?

just wonderd do the army get issued batons / speedcuffs ? or are they trained to use them for situations like Northern Ireland ? I am also aware that there is a arrest and restraint course for soldiers ?

any information would be helpfull
That's not you?! ;)

sorry to ruin the party. carry on...

Bravo_Zulu said:
I believe impersonating a constable is still an offence...
that's what I was getting at!

as mentioned in the veterans-coin thread... army walting is fully legal but police walting isnt.

Fallschirmjager said:
Smithy97 said:
Hey its just to ask if the infantry do the Arrest And Restraint course ?
Or is it just RMP / Close Protection
We don't do it as a rule though if someone wants to do the course they can.
I would be interested to find out who delivers this course 'if they want to do it' the PO training delivered for Ops is not a Arrest and Restraint course.