Around the World in 80 Days???

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Capt_Aubergine, Jan 15, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just perusing the members list and noticed a certain "free rider".  May I commend his web site (www.chasingthesun.org) to one and all as an example of how even the mightiest have fallen.  A once brave and true Adjutant of the Corps, now forced to scrape a living, selling his body for favours in far flung corners of the globe just to get enough fuel to get his motorbike to the next international border.

To some the heady excitement of signing off means the chance to smoke dope without fear of reprisals, are these hopes misplaced??

However, it could be a good way for him to forget about that unfortunate incident with the Bordon Herald - and as the Unit Press Officer as well, I ask you!

p.s. this is also conclusive proof of Arrse's international reach after only a week.  International domination may not be far away....

2. Had a look at the web site.  Interesting CV, but it seems as if he forgot to put his school in.  But is Welbeck a school?  

3. Join 2 Para

4. WELBECK !!!!!!
    ho ho ho - what a great idea for a message topic.  I'm sure this centre of academic excellence would stand up to the ARRSE scrutiny..... shall we find out????

"Join 2 Para" ????? are you mad?  I didn't join this man's army to work for a living, run around aimlessly or wear a lop-sided purple helmet (sorry "beret").  I presume this is a reference to "seeing the world", well sorry I'm not interested, I've seen it: the locals are surly and generally it smells of wee.

Hummm, not so dissimilar from 2 Para I suppose....

5. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

Welbeck...

Now there's a good topic to pick.

Goto the Mess.....

6. Captain Aubergine said:

"A once brave and true Adjutant of the Corps, now forced to scrape a living, selling his body for favours in far flung corners of the globe just to get enough fuel to get his motorbike to the next international border"

If you want to talk about poverty, think Boro who cant afford Yorke's wages or Derby who cant afford to extend Carbones loan or MOD who cant afford air filters for any bit of kit in the Desert when MOD have publicised the biggest deployment for over 20 years and MOD have invited the worlds press!!!!

7. If we are talking about poverty what about those poor persons in the AAC??

8. Don't know about 80 days but this thread lasted almost a month.