Arnie for President ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HLS, Aug 7, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HLS

HLS Old-Salt

T3 is standing for election in California, one step away from the white house and world dominance................reminds me of another Austrian who tried it a while back, now what was his name again :D
  2. Don't you have to be American born in order to stand for Pres ? :?:
  3. Yes, you must be born in USA. Being naturalised, as Arnie is, is not enough.

Only americans are crazy enough to be presidents of the craziest country on the planet.
  4. thats correct nutstrangler, don't worry about arnie being like hitler , george bush is doing enough damage by himself ! he doesn't know where iran is for fooks sake when he started the job 8O
  5. HLS

HLS Old-Salt

Pedantic, I know

But these guys were Presidents born before the USA became a country:

George Washington
    John Adams
    Thomas Jefferson
    James Madison
    James Monroe
    John Quincy Adams
    Andrew Jackson
    William Henry Harrison

Strictly speaking they were born British citizens 8O
    • Like Like x 1
  6. HLS is correct they were british citizens before 1776 :lol: if arnie really wanted to im sure he could use that as a precedent but i don't think it could work now
  7. I am sure that it does not matter about your place of birth as long as you are a citizen of the good old US of A.

Arnie for president!
  8. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

No, you definitely need to be US born to become President. Saying that they do amend the constitution 10 times a day so I suppose anything is possible.

As an afterthought - remember the film "Demolition Man" just after Sly Stallone is thawed out in the future he is taken to the Schwarzeneger museum. "Schwarzeneger museum?" he asks. "Yes" says the girl (Sandra Bullock as I recall), "Due to overwhelming public support the constitution was amended to allow him to run for President"

Life imitating art?
  9. Scary

It could happen, The consitution can be changed.

Ironic that people are more concerned about an actor who plays a remorseless killing machine running a nuclear power than the real life killer runing russia. :?:

Makes you glad we have a monarchy
  10. HLS

HLS Old-Salt

Well seeing as T3 can time travel he could go back to 1776 amend the constitution and Roberts you dads brother :lol:

I can't believe I'm writing this crap, I need to get out more :roll:
  11. F*ck arnie, you'll never guess who else is running.....

Only F*cking Arnold from "Different Strokes" the amusing 70s sitcom about a rich whitey who adopts 2 black orphans.

You will remember Arnold's witty catchphrase, whenever his older brother Willis said something he didn't like -

"wotyoutalkinbout Willis"

Oh and actually he was a bit of Jimmy Krankie character, as he was actually about 40 when making the series he just looked very young. And in fact still does.
  12. suppose Arnie becomes president no sooner than he is that his defective austrian gene which he shares with Adolf hitler kicks in and World Domination starts to follow ................................. :lol:
    I can just see it now.......

14. It could never happen?? or could it!

In July of 2003, Senator Orrin Hatch introduced a proposed amendment to the constitution to allow anyone foreign born and a resident for twenty years to be eligible for the office of President. Hatch and Schwarzenegger are old friends, and it is widely held that this amendment was a favor, should the governorship turn out to be a potential stepping stone as it was for the previous actor. :twisted:
  15. How long was Ronald Regan (President 80-88) involved in politics before he became President?