Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Army's New Recruitment Adverts For 2021

Something that you are particularly good at - If the cap fits bob, wear it

Yes, of course bob.

We employ a funnel system because all leads are just people who want to join and have the attributes to pass selection and training.

This will pass you by - But that is another tacit admission that the funnel system is a bag of sh1t.

You are either failing miserably at trying to be funny or you are extremely stupid.
Progress. At last to accept that the recruiting process is a funnel. And, as it’s a funnel then the top end has to be filled with enough leads to deliver the required number of entrants to training given leakage along down the funnel. Even that is a gross simplification as there are multiple funnels within the overall one for individual trades.

So, if the funnel model doesn’t work, what do you propose instead? A hint; there are a number of alternative marketing models that you could suggest. Or maybe come up with you own.

Progress. At last to accept that the recruiting process is a funnel. And, as it’s a funnel then the top end has to be filled with enough leads to deliver the required number of entrants to training given leakage along down the funnel. Even that is a gross simplification as there are multiple funnels within the overall one for individual trades.

So, if the funnel model doesn’t work, what do you propose instead? A hint; there are a number of alternative marketing models that you could suggest.

Still wailing the Sales & Marketing BS bob.

You will never move forward with that mindset, and neither will the British Army if that is the mindset in the upper echelons.

The British Army is not a commercial business and neither are its people a commodity. Perhaps when people can get that through their dense craniums, the dual issue of Recruitment & retention can start to be addressed. Until that time the British Army will continue to chase its tail, waste money, continue to be understrength and continue to have retention issues.

Or maybe come up with you own.

I could, but I wont. It is not my issue having retired 20 years ago.

But I will give you this ( and anyone else ) as food for thought.

43 years ago, a section of 12 started basic training, many months later a total of 8 completed training and were posted to Infantry Units.

Out of that 8 - 3 retired 22 years later as WO's and a further 2 went on to become LE officers.

It would be interesting to see comparable figures from the next 2 Generations.

I wonder what could have changed over the period in question. A loss of the KISS it principle and a gain of business psychobabble, including treating people as commodities rather than people ?

It would be fair to say that as they have dropped fitness standards by a good margin, they have dropped other standards also, yet the Army is still undermanned - How can that be bob ? The funnel has been widened, lead generation is ( apparently ) through the roof, standards lowered, but still struggling and still undermanned.

Want to have another go at telling me how the funnel system - lead generation - reduced standards are the way ahead ?

Or perhaps it might be easier for you to list the 100's ( if not 1000's ) of Direct Sales Companies who followed the lead generation BS and went out of business over the last 20 years.

I will give you this ( and anyone else ) as food for thought.

43 years ago, a section of 12 started basic training, many months later a total of 8 completed training and were posted to Infantry Units.

Out of that 8 - 3 retired 22 years later as WO's and a further 2 went on to become LE officers.

It would be interesting to see comparable figures from the next 2 Generations.

A section of 8
Does not a statistical sample make.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

A section of 8
Does not a statistical sample make.

It’s also a load of old bollox, but never let the truth get in the way of a good dit ^~

It’s also a load of old bollox, but never let the truth get in the way of a good dit ^~

3 Guys across 7 Regiments served 22 years and became WO2's and you find that hard to believe ?

A further 2 transferred as Sgts and went on to become LE Officers.

Think back to your own training, how many became SNCO's, WO's or LE Officers ?

Fairy nuff, is there was a lot of Scousers, maybe not so many ;) ;)

Enough people are doing a full career that we have enough WO1/2s and competition for LE is fierce.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Given the role of the Army, they are on a hiding to nothing.
Living in fields in all weathers, is about it.

RAF
Book in rather than dig and is the armed wing of the local technical college.

Navy.
What is not to like.
You and your mates in the same floating house that bimbles around the world. Eating, drinking and shagging.
Your laundry is done for you. Chuck it down a hatch and it is ready, clean and pressed 24 hours later.
Only the 'Gunnery' branch get shouty and have a hard on for pace sticks that they like to carry.
They secretly carry a photo of Ron Brittain, a bottle of baby oil and a box of tissues.
Yes, the Navy - what's not to like?

1610958528404.png

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Enough people are doing a full career that we have enough WO1/2s and competition for LE is fierce.

You will normally always have enough WO2/1 because you can just promote more soldiers (Which leads to more people than vacancies for LE positions). That's why some years promotion boards are massive and others they are small.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
That makes as much sense as using BLESMA as a recruiting tool for the Army. Plank
You don't say?

Now, log off and go an find where you put your sense of humour.

If you have one.

I watched this the other day, It was about a young soldier in the Napoleonic wars:

Maybe some adverts should also show the crap side of war - so the person joining can have a balanced view on what they could possibly be getting into.

Latest Threads