ArmyPedia - Wiki gurus

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Evening all,

Just had a quick trawl of ArmyNet and the welcome page (after I'd struggled with the new password system) came up with the following plea which I thought might appeal to some of the Arrsepedia experts:

ArmyNet said:
Do you currently conduct administrator duties on Wikipedia? If so, the ArmyNET team would like to enlist your help with ArmyPedia, the forthcoming Army equivalent. In order to prepare for a release on 1 July 09 we need Administrators in place ready to help administer the content. Additionally we would also welcome any suggestions you may have prior to the release.
If you are interested, please send a short email to admin@armymail.mod.uk with ArmyPedia in the subject line.

Nicking another one of our ideas I see ........

Bad CO said:
Nicking another one of our ideas I see ........
But none of the serious contributors ;)

I foresee this will be about as well used as their forums :)

Web 2.0 just doesn't respond to orders.

msr

I couldnt see any of the usual suspects from ARRSEpedia being allowed within sh1tty stick touching distance of the Armypedia.

Far too corrupting / libellous / seditious / honest / subversive / outrageous / offensive*

* Feel free to add delete as appropriate.

JB

I am struggling to see what purpose it has. Surely they would be better off making sure wikipedia.org's entries were correct.

msr

Turns out they have simply copied the wikipedia and dumped it wholesale into their site.

If this does not breach the letter of the GNU FDL, it seems to break the spirit.

Not sure what impact this will have though: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update/Result

msr

Pob02

War Hero
Book Reviewer
msr said:
Turns out they have simply copied the wikipedia and dumped it wholesale into their site.

If this does not breach the letter of the GNU FDL, it seems to break the spirit.

Not sure what impact this will have though: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update/Result

msr
Shame it wasn't arrsepedia they copied and dumped, might have made Armynet a little more useful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
polar Army Reserve 4
polar Royal Signals 13
msr Military History and Militaria 1