Armynet unavailability

Discussion in 'ArmyNet Announcements' started by rebel_with_a_cause, Jan 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning all. Is anyone else experiencing problems logging on to Armynet. Tried various routes in and get this message each time "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable".
  2. Doesn't work for me either!
  3. Why would anyone want to log on to Armynet on New years day.
  4. I get the same message.

And to check emails? Some twat put my propper email onto craiglist so armynet is the only one that I can use without getting 'Ivanna from Moscow wants to meet' and other such spam/scam messages etc.
  5. Just seen this as I didn't know what armynet was.

Attached Files:

6. According to that armynet should still work...not sure what armynet open is. Anyone got an iPhone that its working on?
  7. ArmyNet Open is different - it's the one that was more widely accessible than Armynet. I'd guess the servers are down just now and ArmyNet will be back up when people are back at work next week, if not before.

h301593 - you're a better man than me if you can be bothered to go through all the ArmyNet login palaver just for email. I'd be more inclined to open another email account with gmail..
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Getting the same message through both desktop and phone.
  9. I also use the pay so I can cry over the amount getting nicked in tax :)
  10. Fair one - I used to do the same thing when I was serving, and now I just use it for finding out who's been promoted or posted.

If it's not back up and running by Tuesday morning you could try a PM to andypaddock here on arrse - he's the ArmyNet webmaster.
  11. Still down, both on mobile and on PC.

With reference to Army Net Open, is that not the email access from DII. This was stopped a few months ago because people like me were using it to transfer work to/from DII via the Internet email instead of having to burn documents onto a disk to get them on the intranet system.
  12. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

'tis back up and working now if you still need to get in, RWAC.
  13. Cheers mate.
  14. 66115.jpg

Oh Dear. How sad. Never mind
  15. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Is there a problem with Armynet today. I've been trying since about 0900 and still can't get in...