Armynet publicity

Discussion in 'ArmyNet Announcements' started by polar69, Jan 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im trying to get the blokes at my TAC to use Armynet instead of myface.

Does anyone know of an Armynet publicity poster available for download. ?
  2. Have you started to use the "Twitter"-like application on it yet?
  3. Evening. We are just uploading a poster for you to use. I'll send you a link to its location on ArmyNET when it is ready for you.
  4. Beware posters for download!

Our unit came up with an idea for a A4 tri-fold double-sided recruiting leaflet that was downloadable via our Private Community on ArmyNet. Unthinkingly, I set the printer to print 5 and came back to find that I'd used about £10 worth of ink.

Get them posted instead.

PS Any Gizzits?
  5. I moved to using ArmyNet as the hierarchy made it quite clear that email was going to be the preferred method of dissemination, everyone had to have an email account for same and that ArmyNet was preferred, free, and available via any browser.

It wasn't an instant switchover, but over a period of time the mailings subsided and the emails increased - aided by having switched on PSAOs, it must be said. Now it's accepted that if you want to know what's what read your emails.

So maybe once the lads are used to logging on regularly for green business they'll use it in preference to other messaging channels.

The other side of the coin is the lack of effective security on social messaging sites. There's a generation out there whose lives can be blighted by turning up stupid stuff they did and posted online, fingers crossed we never see that include being tracked down to their home address by the opposition.

Remember that in the old days the Army was very careful not to use the TA in Ireland so the threat never approached that experienced by the regs; but these days we make a big thing of "One Army". Paranoia ? I don't think so.
  6. Outstanding thank you, I must get my civvy boss to stock up on colour toner :p
  7. I find ArmyNet impenetrable. I'm not a an IT retard. It's not easy to find what's on it or even know what might be on it. Sorting it out would make a good job for someone somewhere.
  8. msr

msr LE

They badly need to undertake some customer journeys.

9. Posters

Regarding the "Toner Burden", we'll try and make the posters as printer friendly as possible.

Site Layout

I think part of the issue here is that there is so much information on ArmyNET. I look at it all day, every day and I have trouble locating stuff. It is an issue which we are looking at but in the meantime the search function can guide you on.

EX_STAB - can you give me an example of what you have had difficulty in finding?
  10. msr

msr LE

Starters: the search function is next to useless

11. I second that, it is incredibly difficult to find anything, even when you have the exact reference.
  12. msr

msr LE

Then get rid of the 'splash' screen. I am going to armynet for information, not to face a barrage of adverts for the latest 1* cockstand.

Loads of good ideas here:

13. Useful feedback but I say again "can you give me an example of what you have had difficulty in finding?"
  14. Log into ArmyNet and have a 15 year old (chosen because they tend to be more net-savvy than the average soldier) seach for information on smoking a pipe around barracks. See how long it is before he gives up.
  15. "Search for information on smoking a pipe around barracks?"

You need to be more specific.