Armynet email on Outlook - possible or not?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by jimmys_best_mate, Oct 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it possible to set up Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express to access your armynet email account (ie on standard home computers?

If so, what settings do you need to use?
  2. I don't think you can, but I'd be interested to hear about it if I'm wrong.

3. Don't think it is mate. you'll have to find out if they have a pop3 server
  4. jimmys_mate and jimmys_best_mate, have you tried asking Jimmy? Perhaps he knows?

5. This subject has been raised on ArmyNet Forums recently,

To quote what was recently mentioned on ArmyNet:

"Got a email stating there testing it but there are some security issues and other coding matters that need to be taken care of before they allow users to have it."

I'm sure paddo (Army Web Team) has an account here on ARRSE, maybe he can clarify this issue?
  6. Cheers WOTWS.
  7. As a slight aside, what about accessing my Armynet email on my Outlook in the office next to my work emails!? I know there are security issues and as it is just as technically possible I could find it useful.

8. We are looking at this facility but as you may be aware pop, imap, imap-s etc etc all use different ports to the standard ports and such would be blocked by IGS. We have to work all ArmyNET solution to work through the IGS.

We are still working on this.

9. Hi, I know it's five years down the line but a google search brought up this thread. Have the issues been resolved? I'm trying to get it to push to my mobile.

10. Did you ever find out if this could be done ? I am trying to get my on my iPhone ???
  11. It used to have an auto-forwarding feature to push emails to your personal email. Has it been removed?
  12. The option to forward is still there- Options > Forwarder > Put new email address in > Done.
    • Like Like x 1