Armyjobs........AAAARRRRGGGHH!

How do you rate the effectiveness of the Armyjobs website for TA recruiting?

• Very good ..... it holds a lot of useful information and good links to TA units.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quite good ..... it holds useful information and you can find your local TA units.

• Quite poor ..... it doesn't have much information of relevance for the TA, and it's quite

• Very poor ..... it is very difficult to locate your local TA unit, and may misguide potential recrui

• Total voters

Bits

War Hero
Try this:

Go to www.armyjobs.mod.uk and go to the JOBS section.

Enter the following:

Gender = Male
Soldier or Officer = either
Qualifications = anything you like
Full-time or Part-time = Part-time

Click 'FIND JOBS'......... :cry:

Apparently the TA is full, and there are no posts available because we are all up to our established strength. :x

Except that's boll0cks, we're crying out for them, for pities sake!!! Will some lunatic please sort this fecking webiste out!!!!

One Army Recruiting my arrse. :evil:

(Edited for being an angry grammar mong)

Even better - try finding a unit near you - you will be given a list of everything from RFCA, ACFs and Museums before you get to a unit!

That'll be another success chalked up for One Army Recruiting :roll:

tich23 said:
Even better - try finding a unit near you - you will be given a list of everything from RFCA, ACFs and Museums before you get to a unit!
True Digital are at present adding regional pages to Army Jobs because it was noted that it wasn't providing enough information on local units etc, the area search was at best - outdated.

The regional pages will at least give you contact details and locations of where to find each TA unit as well as having features on locally recruited and geographically located Regular units.

It's still in it's development stages at the moment but ours looks like this link there are still inaccuracies - mainly wrong pictures for the unit (The Salamanca Band of the Rifles has a picture of a bloke from the Duke of Lancs) and some of the information seems to have almost fallen off the bottom instead of being higher up the page - but we're onto it.

msr said:
coax-on said:
but we're onto it.
'We' being...?
Someone within your local HQ CRR, they should have compiled all the contact details of all TA Units and the AFCO/ACIO's etc.

That's good because we only told the people who wrote this steaming pile the issues with it in May 07. Glad they are working on it so fast. What you are doing looks good but also how about simply giving a drop down menu in the Armyjobs local search so they can filter what within the list they are searching for.

Oh, and have users noticed that the pathfinder is a separate bolt on. The 'personality' test has no bearing on the jobs brought up.

One final thing - there are no 'part -time' jobs in the army only 'spare time'!

I would have thought 'full time' and 'temping agency' might be a bit closer.

msr

I was searching for Engineering opportunities last week (on behalf of somebody else, I hasten to add) and the first two pages of results were all RAMC. Even the following pages were predominantly medic-related.

The first indication that we're heading for an army of bionic soldiers, perhaps?

As far as I'm aware just about every TA unit is understrength at the moment and Recruiting Officers are deperately searching for PRs. Yet if someone is foolish enough to go onto this site to find options for TA service they will find the answer 0 jobs no matter what they enter as long as the "part-time" drop down is selected. WTF is going on here? One Army my ARRSE.

considering bde is making all my officers apply/ reapply for the jobs that they already hold and are publishing the vacancies, they should know exactly how many blank lsn's there are.

a severe waste of time imo, it's not like we havn'e got anything else to do.

Purple_Emperor said:
That's good because we only told the people who wrote this steaming pile the issues with it in May 07. Glad they are working on it so fast. What you are doing looks good but also how about simply giving a drop down menu in the Armyjobs local search so they can filter what within the list they are searching for.

Oh, and have users noticed that the pathfinder is a separate bolt on. The 'personality' test has no bearing on the jobs brought up.

One final thing - there are no 'part -time' jobs in the army only 'spare time'!
We made a study on the site when it first came out and passed up the chain a list of issues that Publicis (the firm that run Army Jobs) needed to correct, especially on the 'In Your Area' facility - which even now still shows the D and Ds, RRW and the Rifle Volunteers even though they no-longer exist.

We didn't seem to get anything changed so we developed our own regional site for the benefit of the people in the South West which sat on the Army Website working on the idea the Welsh had developed.

We included POC's and multimap links for all AFCO/ACIO's/ACA's/TA units with links to units websites which Army Jobs doesn't have. We also had features for photo galleries for any recruiting events and one for ex soldiers looking to rejoin as well as information for teachers and recruiters.

At the begining of the year our regional site was handed over to True Digital for a professional face lift (we could only do so much on the old ACMS system) and the powers to be decided to run with it on a national scale hence the reason why they are now regionalising Army Jobs.

Hopefully when all the regional sites are done there will be some form of drop down or an interactive map showing all the regions that you can click on.

The reason it's called spare time as opposed to part time is down some legalities as to what part time actually means. The TA is something that is done in your own spare time not as a part time job.

coax-on said:
Purple_Emperor said:
The reason it's called spare time as opposed to part time is down some legalities as to what part time actually means. The TA is something that is done in your own spare time not as a part time job.
Now you've confused me. The main army jobs site jobfinder specifies "full-time" or "part-time".

Broadly

"Spare Time" is correct. In the eyes of the EU 'we' are classed as 'fruit pickers' i.e. casual labour.

Remember that 'we' as TA can vote with out feet and not 'volunteer' to attend a training event. i.e 'we' have choice.

"Part Time" is an EU category that gives entitlement to holidays and pensions etc. i.e. you agree to a specific no of hours and duty a week. Our TA contract is not recognised under that category (Court cases have tried I believe)

Prehaps the TA review may identify a contract change and operate in a similar procedural mechanism to the USNG where a state guardsman can be specifically requested/instructed/ordered? To attend a specific training or duty event.

Hope this explains......

My personal view....at the moment the Armyjobs website does not add any value at all to the efforts to recruit people into the TA.

I know those OAR-centric personnel among our ranks will say that OAR is all about getting recruits in, and it doesn't matter whether they join up regular or TA.....I would even agree with that sentiment.

But when you consider how many current Regular officers and soldiers served in the TA before they joined up Regular, you realise that the TA (like the cadets) is a very effective a 'try-before-you-buy' scheme (as well as being the reserve of first choice).

Anything which frustrates TA recuiting is effectively denying our Regular counterparts a solid and reliable source of regular recruits. Surely even the most ardent TA-sceptics must realise that enabling effective TA recruiting is not to deny the Regular Army it's potential recuits....if they are that way inclined they will go on and join up regular anyway.

Thoughts? ..... (or even better: Action!!!)