- Advice required

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by chemystery, Sep 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It may just be me but I can't get my head around the following:-

Alternate running hard then recovering for intervals of 1, 2 and 3 mins

Does this mean....

Run flat out for as long as you can then rest for 1 min then repeat x 2 or does it mean

Run for 1 min flat out rest for 1 min
    run for 2 min flat out rest for 2 mins and finally
    run for 3 min flat out rest for 3 mins

2. I think that is what they mean, i always found running flat out (100%) the length of a football pitch, watlkin the width, then runing again, for 5 or 6 times, realy helped my fitness and speed. also gets you used to grunning on grass and not just roads
  3. I think it means your second option!
  4. Cheers for the replies.

Has anybody on here followed the Armyfit Program?

Any experiences to share?
  5. Nope, isn't advanced enough for my liking.
  6. And just how advanced would you like it, bullet?

It's written for people trying to get fit. Not for people who are fit.....
  7. This program was a very good basis, and all the excersices in it are very usefull. However when i did it, i found that 3 days off a week was too many expecialy as you are altenating excersises.

I changed mine around having only one day off, but another day where i just went swimming.
    every other week or so i would give myself an extra day off just to ensure i wasnt over training
  8. Pretty useful.. it's keeps you on track on one set objective and helps you.. bearing in mind you have limited resources :p
  9. I think its helpful too. As said previously, I altered it to not have as many rest days but at least if you can follow the last months' programme easily, you know you are doing what is asked of you, and therefore shouldn't have too much trouble once you start training!

Try to improve on it though and do more once your up to it!
  10. You said exactly what I meant.