Army WO3s and RAF WO1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t used in Libya or Chad or Syria and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t used in Afghanistan.
I didn't think it was possible for you to be more stupid and ill-informed, but somehow you've managed it.

Milan was widely used in Chad and Libya in the conflict for nearly ten years (78-87) as the French supplied it to the Chad forces.

It was used by Syria, again supplied by France, and captured Milan were later used by IS.

In Afghanistan? It was widely used by the Mujahideen against Soviet armour very effectively, supplied by the Americans with French and British training, and it was used against the Taliban by a number of forces, particularly the French, against vehicles, bunkers and houses.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.
You weren’t in any of those theatres, so you wouldn’t know.
It was used in other theatres also, those were simply the best known - except, obviously, by you.
You are making up utter bollocks ...
The only one making up utter bollox here about Milan is you - from your laughable contradiction about the minimum effective range via Milan pl offrs and NCOs never firing the weapon on courses but teaching their soldiers to do something they never had, to where you imagine it wasn't used.

Unbelievably stupid.
you can’t quote your magical constraint
I'm just amazed that you've got the front to claim to be an SME on Milan's use and operation in the field but, in the light of all the above, you still can't work out the fundamental difference between those other locations and how it had to be used in BAOR.

Stupid just isn't the right word.

Last edited:
Milan was widely used in Chad and Libya in the conflict for nearly ten years (78-87) as the French supplied it to the Chad forces.
That wasn’t you or British Forces you utter fücking penis. Stop making things up.

You have no idea how other forces used it, stop making shit up.

I'm just amazed that you've got the front to claim to be an SME on Milan's use and operation in the field but, in the light of all the above, you still can't work out the fundamental difference between those other locations and how it had to be used in BAOR.
Yet you still can’t quote your magical constraint. Why is it so hard? Stop making shit up.

You didn’t know it’s range.

You don’t understand how it gathers at approx 350m yet is effective from 80m. You refer to ‘the operator being able to take control’ - it’s called gather, Milan users know this.

You refer to the different Milan as 1 and 2 - it never has been referred as such within British Service - only on google.

There’s massive gaps in your knowledge indicating you’re a lying fücker.

You have perpetuated a lie about you with Indiana Jones type antics, quite rightly, everyone has laughed at you, but you carry on with more lies.

You are defininetly on the scale - JasperGers

More bollocks.

Effective range is the range at which the system is effective - it’s not hard.

Milan gathers at approx 350m, it’s effective range is 80m to 1980m. Anyone trained on Milan would know and understand why this is possible. Do you need me to explain it to you?

It has 1980m of wire spooled on its arse end, you cannot get anymore on.

You still haven’t quoted your magical constraint. It’s obviously something you made up.
This is beyond belief. You're a moron. A total, unadulterated fecking moron.

It's not effective at 80 m if you can't hit the target because the missile hasn't been gathered. You can't steer the missile until it's gathered - it isn't physically possible.

You've never been trained on Milan beyond what you need to know as an ATO - that doesn't include being trained how to use and operate it in the field.

There's around 2,100m of wire spooled - not 1,980. That's a minimum, not the standard. Other countries teach 1,990 or 2,000 but it's actually 2,100 as there's always 'spare' - it just probably isn't in your little book.

1553369810969.png

It's not effective at 80 m if you can't hit the target because the missile hasn't been gathered. You can't steer the missile until it's gathered - it isn't physically possible.
Yes it is. You just don’t know why because you’ve never fired it.

What event occurs at 80m?

That wasn’t you or British Forces you utter fücking penis. Stop making things up.
Of course it wasn't me or British forces. Who the feck said it was??

This is what I said:
Even putting it right in front of you, you genuinely don't / can't understand why Milan had to be used totally differently in BAOR to the other theatres like the Falklands, Afghanistan, the Gulf, Syria, Libya and Chad, amongst others, and why the deployment and use is completely different?
and this is the mindless cr@p you came back with:
It wasn’t used in Libya or Chad or Syria and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t used in Afghanistan.
You've lost it. Totally. Get some help.
You have no idea how other forces used it, stop making shit up.
Of course I have! It's all very well documented and very widely reported even if you're somehow totally unaware of it. Some is from reading of it, some from those directly involved such as from Chris Keeble about its use in the Falklands, and a small amount from personal experience. You may have no idea about the weapons you claim to be an SME on, but that's your problem.
You don’t understand how it gathers at approx 350m yet is effective from 80m. You refer to ‘the operator being able to take control’ - it’s called gather, Milan users know this.
Of course I understand how it gathers - that's why the operator has no control of it at 80m which is why it's only effective at that range in the circumstances I described. You can't lay down an arbitrary range - it simply doesn't work other than in a book.
You refer to ‘the operator being able to take control’ - it’s called gather, Milan users know this.
Actually it's not. The system gathers the missile automatically, the operator does nothing and can do nothing to control the missile until that happens. The funniest thing about your leaping on my referring to the operator taking control rather than the missile being 'gathered' is your own previous post:
the operator has no control for the first 300-400m
Utterly, totally moronic.

Of course I understand how it gathers - that's why the operator has no control of it at 80m which is why it's only effective at that range in the circumstances I described. You can't lay down an arbitrary range - it simply doesn't work other than in a book.
Hahahaha, you’re so stupid you don’t know that a Milan can engage a target from 80m. Real Milan users do.

Not such thing as Milan 1 and 2 in British service. More evidence you are lying.
When I was Milan Pl Comd ( 80-82) there was only the first gen 103mm missile. The remainder hadn't been invented, so unsurprisingly it was called ... 'Milan'. The next time I worked with it was after the second gen (widely known, hardly surprisingly, as Milan 2), at 115mm had come in, when I was on LS / MAO - it was a popular system. I've no idea what the official name for Milan 2 was in "British service".

The only "evidence" that gives is that you have no idea what you're talking about. Again.
Yes it is. You just don’t know why because you’ve never fired it.
Of course it's not effective if you can't hit the target! If you can't hit the fecking target you're aiming at how the feck can it be effective?
What event occurs at 80m?
The missile's armed - that's why it's the minimum OPERATIONAL range, as that's when the missile becomes OPERATIONAL. It only becomes EFFECTIVE when the operator has control of it, after it's been gathered by the system.

TBF, if you'd been taught its use and how to operate it in the field by those who actually use and operate it in the field you'd know all this, but you weren't. You were taught, allegedly, by people who don't use it and don't operate it and evidently ignore anyone who's used it and any reports of it being used. No wonder you don't have a clue what you're talking about - and no wonder ATOs don't teach anyone else weapon handling.

Last edited:
Hahahaha you’re so stupid you don’t know that a Milan can engage a target from 80m.
"Engage" ?
Yes, of course it can, that's why it's the minimum operational range.

Engage 'EFFECTIVELY' ?
No, of course you can't, as there's no means of controlling the missile as it hasn't been gathered.

That's why amongst those who use and operate the weapon one's called the minimum OPERATIONAL range as that's when the missile becomes OPERATIONAL and the others called the minimum EFFECTIVE range as that's when it becomes EFFECTIVE.

Odd that you've done a slide from it being the 'effective' range to being the range you can 'engage' a target at, which is totally different ... or maybe not.

Last edited:
It only becomes EFFECTIVE when the operator has control of it, after it's been gathered by the system.
When I was Milan Pl Comd ( 80-82) there was only the first gen 103mm missile. The remainder hadn't been invented, so unsurprisingly it was called ... 'Milan'. The next time I worked with it was after the second gen (widely known, hardly surprisingly, as Milan 2), at 115mm had come in, when I was on LS / MAO - it was a popular system. I've no idea what the official name for Milan 2 was in "British service" in " British service".
You supposedly know all about it, but you don’t know they are J103 and K115. It was never gen 1 and 2 you just made that up, because of your lack of knowledge.

When you were learning about SAA in your rifle lesson was it the pointy thing and pointy thing with paint on? Or were you, quite possible, taught the shortened nomenclature?

The missile's armed
Well done flash, several posts after I told you the answer.

It only becomes EFFECTIVE when the operator has control of it, after it's been gathered by the system.
That’s incorrect, it’s effective at the point it can function as it’s intended.

No mention of your special constraint yet.
I'm saving that up to give @The_Snail the chance to work it out. She certainly can't know any less about it than you, and as I've spelt out where the differences are (BAOR vs FI, Africa, Middle East, Afghanistan, etc,) you don't need to be an SME to work out why.

(and 'no', SCargo, the difference isn't the brattie wagon - and that's another fecking big hint).

Engage 'EFFECTIVELY' ?
No, of course you can't, as there's no means of controlling the missile as it hasn't been gathered.
You don’t need to control it. I’ve already explained this.

Odd that you've done a slide from it being the 'effective' range to being the rang you can 'engage' a target at, which is totally different ... or maybe not.
Only in your fantasy world.

I'm saving that up to give @The_Snail the chance to work it out. She certainly can't know any less about it than you, and as I've spelt out where the differences are (BAOR vs FI, Africa, Middle East, Afghanistan, etc,) you don't need to be an SME to work out why.

(and 'no', SCargo, the difference isn't the brattie wagon - and that's another fecking big hint).
Of course Walter.

I'm not playing. I'm doing a bit of shoe maintenance.

Besides which, there's too many big words in most of the posts.

You supposedly know all about it, but you don’t know they are J103 and K115. It was never gen 1 and 2 you just made that up, because of your lack of knowledge.
No, absolutely no idea what the part numbers were. There was only one when I was using it in the British Army so why the hell would I be interested in knowing a part number to differentiate it from something that didn't exist?

My job was using it, not stacking it.
When you were learning about SAA in your rifle lesson was it the pointy thing etc ...
It was 7.62 or 5.56 drill rounds, blank, ball, link, tracer, sniper, etc. Again, no idea what the part numbers were. And again, I used it, I didn't stack it or order it so there was no reason for me to.

This is just plain moronic.
Well done flash, several posts after I told you the answer.
Well, I answered it as soon as I'd answered the rest of the cr@p. Difficult to answer before if you didn't ask.

That’s incorrect, it’s effective at the point it can function as it’s intended.
Maybe in dingerr-world, but not in the rest of the Army. 'Effective' has a very specific meaning, such as "coming under effective enemy fire". It doesn't mean someone in the general area's got a weapon that works but they can't actually aim it at you!

'Effective' means ... well ... effective. It doesn't mean a missile's armed but ineffective as it can't be aimed!
You don’t need to control it. I’ve already explained this.
Of course you need to control it you moron, unless the target's standing still as I've explained several times. If the target's 80m away and moving you're unlikely to hit it because you can't control the missile until it's gone around 350m so 270m past the fecking target. There's no reverse gear, except maybe in dingerr world.

If you can't hit the target that really isn't 'effective' :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank God you never taught weapon handling to anyone who actually had to use the weapon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads