Army WO3s and RAF WO1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
All, in explanation, my father has dementia and argues black is white all the time. I've learned to humour him and agree as it's pointless arguing with someone who is so entrenched in their view that they will not countenance other view points - agree, nod the head, but it doesn't make them anymore right.
Are you saying John G is a demented cünt?

You don’t even know what’s happened in Nepal, so wind your neck in.
I'm sure I've got a far better idea than you, not that that necessarily says a great deal.
All, in explanation, my father has dementia and argues black is white all the time. I've learned to humour him and agree as it's pointless arguing with someone who is so entrenched in their view that they will not countenance other view points - agree, nod the head, but it doesn't make them anymore right.
Well, it's certainly pointless trying to have any sort of rational debate with dingerr. As for the rest ... self-evident, out of their own posts and yours.

You’re lack of knowledge of Milan, it’s operation or use in the field indicates you are a liar
OK, dingerr, let's put your own knowledge of Milan to a very, very simple test, which anyone who knows even the slightest thing about Milan's "operation or use in the field" would know.

What was the most important constraint / issue with Milan for the Army from the day it was introduced?

It's actually a very simple question. While there were any number of constraints and issues, as with any weapon system, there was only one which severely restricted its "operation or use in the field" for the Army.

Google could be your friend, but you'd have to know which issue to choose. I doubt dingerr does - no reason at all why he should as it's not his field in any way, but he does claim to be fully trained on it and that I'm not.

... and the answers obvious once you know it, even if you know nothing about Milan, so it's not debatable.

(and let's forget that dingerr thinks it cost 10k per missile, which it didn't, or that he thinks Pl Comds / Pl 2ics / Sect Comds / DCs never LF'd but trained their tps to do so, or that he thinks that if someone missed the target when LF then their unit's missile allocation was reduced accordingly the next year, which is all about as stupid as it gets - let's just stick to that one very simple question).

It's actually a very simple question. While there were any number of constraints and issues, as with any weapon system, there was only one which severely restricted its "operation or use in the field" for the Army.

Google could be your friend, but you'd have to know which issue to choose. I doubt dingerr does - no reason at all why he should as it's not his field in any way, but he does claim to be fully trained on it and that I'm not.

... and the answers obvious once you know it, even if you know nothing about Milan, so it's not debatable.

(and let's forget that dingerr thinks it cost 10k per missile, which it didn't, or that he thinks Pl Comds / Pl 2ics / Sect Comds / DCs never LF'd but trained their tps to do so, or that he thinks that if someone missed the target when LF then their unit's missile allocation was reduced accordingly the next year, which is all about as stupid as it gets - let's just stick to that one very simple question).
Agreed

I blame the Army for this. It's insistence that every activity has the be called 'Op something' is to blame. I remember the good old days when we used to do things like framework patrolling, MACP or a couple of days hill whinging. Now every time you step out the door it has to be an 'Op'.

None of which stops John being rude and obstinate, of course.

I blame the Army for this. It's insistence that every activity has the be called 'Op something' is to blame. I remember the good old days when we used to do things like framework patrolling, MACP or a couple of days hill whinging. Now every time you step out the door it has to be an 'Op'.
Rather like your posts insisting repeatedly that the RAF only have one rank badge for each rank when it's patently untrue, utter cr@p.

"Hill whinging" is covered by JSPs which are, rather obviously, JS - not unique to the Army.

MACP has involved 'Ops' for decades, going back way beyond the "good old days" of firemens' strikes well before you joined the RAF, and Fresco and the like were also joint ops, so obviously not unique to the Army.

"Framework patrolling" is COIN, hence almost invariably part of a local or limited Op, unlike other patrols which may or may not be. This has applied for decades, before you were born, going back well before Motorman and Anvil.

Like the other 'broad experience' experts here, you're talking cr@p.

I'm claiming Op Morlop, Op Active Fence and the training for Op Caribbean.
I'm a hero.

What was the most important constraint / issue with Milan for the Army from the day it was introduced?
The fact you used google to find what you think is the correct answer says everything and further indicates you are a liar.

You’re only embarrassing yourself further John by Questioning an experienced Ammunition Technician with over 500 Milan firings under his belt.

Yes John, that’s correct, I said 500, that’s 500 for than you.

MACP has involved 'Ops' for decades, going back way beyond the "good old days" of firemens' strikes well before you joined the RAF, and Fresco and the like were also joint ops, so obviously not unique to the Army.
That’s MACC.

I'm not "avoiding" it, it's simply not possible and I've repeatedly explained why. If you or "people" don't understand that, that's your problem and theirs, not mine. I was aked, repeatedly, I answered - it's that simple.
I missed the explanation. I don't intend to search for it and I can't reasonably ask you to post it again. I have no idea where I'm going with this and the only reason I'm continuing is because it's stream of consciousness. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads