Army WO3s and RAF WO1s

I’m sure I’m not the only one who finds that remark crass and highly insensitive John. You are better than that.

I think you owe @dingerr an apology for what is quite appalling behaviour.
I've apologised already if he's taken offence, although the reverse was intended and the link is there, however I've explained my reasons which I stand by 100% but see no point in repeating.

I fully accept I may have been unsympathetic but my motives were honest rather than those of a hypocrite crying crocodile tears.

I'm not attempting to weasel out of anything as this is ground that has been covered before, but it does demonstrate the sheer hypocrisy of a number on this board including some currently posting here. Recently dingerr was being taken to task repeatedly and totally unjustly for being directly responsible for the death of the other member of his team killed by the Taliban IED in the same incident. I was appalled that that accusation was made as I thought it was totally inexcusable so I reported it a number of times as it was repeated. I doubt anyone else did as no comment was made nor was any action taken by a mod as it probably would have been if others had also reported it.

I found that way beyond crass and insensitive and was sickened not only by it but by the lack of reaction to it.

I realise I may have been insensitive and have apologised for that unreservedly, but out of respect for dingerr I've always treated him exactly as I would anyone else here rather than as a 'special case' as I don't believe he needs that.

Dingerr asked the question. I quoted him. No more, no less.
As above. There was no dig. Dingerr asked the question and I quoted him as a reply.

I quite understand how my post appeared, nevertheless it was a direct quote.

As I've said multiple times before I have the greatest respect for dingerr, for his service and his sacrifice, but rather than treat him with kid gloves and make unnecessary allowances which I think would be disrespectful as he doesn't need them I treat him exactly as I would anyone else. When this was raised by a third party before dingerr had the courtesy to say that he had "no complaints". I doubt dingerr wants, expects or needs 'special treatment' here so to me it's discourteous and disrespectful to offer it when it's not needed and to treat him any differently to anyone else.

If that's not the case, dingerr, then I apologise unreservedly.
Fair one John. What at first appeared to be a cuntish dig was indeed Dingerr's words quoted back.

And while I accept your quoted explanation above, it's not for me to do so.

I believe it's called trying to frame someone, bob. Hardly well thought through, particularly given your supposed technical expertise.
Just having a bit of harmless fun John. Didn’t intend it to last long.

Electrical Alien only existed to post when Alsacien banned me from Arrse for daring to take a different view to his Europhile propaganda on the Greek crisis thread.

I've apologised already if he's taken offence, although the reverse was intended and the link is there, however I've explained my reasons which I stand by 100% but see no point in repeating.........I realise I may have been insensitive and have apologised for that unreservedly, but out of respect for dingerr I've always treated him exactly as I would anyone else here rather than as a 'special case' as I don't believe he needs that.
Good on you for apologising John. I didn’t for one minute think there was any ulterior motive. I just thought it was insensitive.

In general I think you are right about giving people as good at they get on here; banter is one of the many good things about Arrse. But few of us know each other or have any idea what is going on in the others heads.

I’ve posted some offensive stuff on here aimed at you, language that I just wouldn’t use anywhere else. For that I apologise.

No I’m not going soft; I’ve just reflected on a post you made a couple of days ago and concluded that I don’t need this shit in my life. See my PM.....

Just having a bit of harmless fun John. Didn’t intend it to last long.

Electrical Alien only existed to post when Alsacien banned me from Arrse for daring to take a different view to his Europhile propaganda on the Greek crisis thread.
... and TBH I thought it was quite funny - not impressed with your computer skills, though!
I’ve posted some offensive stuff on here aimed at you, language that I just wouldn’t use anywhere else. For that I apologise.
No need, bobthewalt :)hug:).

... and you're right, it was insensitive, but the last thing it was intended to be was disrespectful.

Last edited:
Whilst a fair number did UNFICYP, the other UN gigs were very small numbers, such as Congo, Angola, Rwanda etc. Aside from UNMOs the only others I’ve met that deployed there had a useful UN skill eg EOD, Logs, Med. Low skills / generalist tasks such as infantry to conduct guards & duties etc tended to be given to African nations.
One of a number of D_D's posts recently pointed out to me as being utter cock.

The only UN ops where inf from 'African nations' were deployed as inf were / are only those in Africa. No others involving inf deploying as inf, doing GCC / patrols / holding and controlling ground / 'generalist' tasks, etc such as UNTAET, UNMisET, UNFICYP, UNAMIC, UNTAC, UNDOF, UNIFIL, UNPROFOR, UNCRO involved any troops from 'African nations' except in very limited numbers where none were doing inf / GD tasks.

You're posting utter cock about something you know nothing about - you certainly wouldn't have made any "visits" to UN ops, as you '#lookatme' claim.

Absolute nonsense.

Last edited:
I didn’t assert that I’d been to 6 op theatres; I’ve never counted but it’s probably more.
Somehow I'd also missed this pearl from #lookatme completely.

"probably more" op tours than in 6 op theatres?

Wow. ... and that doesn't include NI as you said Banner wasn't operational, where you spent a "significant" amount of time (more than farmersboy who was there for over two years), although when asked you declined to say when and doing what, doesn't include any MAO or LS tours, as you'd previously never heard of the former and had no idea about the latter, and doesn't include any UN tours as you only paid them 'visits', although you evidently didn't .....

... as others, and you, have pointed out that's more op theatres than the Army's been in since you joined. Awks, that ......

I'm sure it won't affect the barstool bullshit though.

(and FWIW I didn't "assert" it - you asked, repeatedly, so I told you. Not quite the same thing).

Somehow I'd also missed this pearl from #lookatme completely.

"probably more" op tours than in 6 op theatres?

Wow. ... and that doesn't include NI as you said Banner wasn't operational, where you spent a "significant" amount of time (more than farmersboy who was there for over two years), although when asked you declined to say when and doing what, doesn't include any MAO or LS tours, as you'd previously never heard of the former and had no idea about the latter, and doesn't include any UN tours as you only paid them 'visits', although you evidently didn't .....

... as others, and you, have pointed out that's more op theatres than the Army's been in since you joined. Awks, that ......

I'm sure it won't affect the barstool bullshit though.

(and FWIW I didn't "assert" it - you asked, repeatedly, so I told you. Not quite the same thing).
You appear to be challenging D_D, how about you reveal your 6 operational theatres and D_D reveals his?

Why are you doubting him? It’s entirely possible considering the last 30 years.

Personally, I’d be including GB on the list of operational theatres.

You appear to be challenging D_D, how about you reveal your 6 operational theatres and D_D reveals his?

Why are you doubting him? It’s entirely possible considering the last 30 years.

Personally, I’d be including GB on the list of operational theatres.
Dingerr, I apologised for being insensitive but that doesn't make you any less stupid or any less uninformed. Your posts in this thread vary between being on a par with questions a recruit would ask who's passed off the square on his third attempt and facing being back termed again on Ph2, and points a chippy blanket stacker would make who's just got a 'risk' / restricted pass on his second attempt on a JNCO cadre.

I'm not "challenging" - he asked, repeatedly, although it had nothing to do with the thread or the subject under discussion. I replied. It's that simple.

I'm "doubting him" because according to his own posts and his own definitions it's patently untrue. Far from being "entirely possible" in his case, by his own posts and his own definitions it's totally impossible.

... and while you well may "be including GB on the list of operational theatres", it isn't.

Latest Threads