Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Interesting. I was the Ops Officer of 38 (Berlin) Field Squadron RE and as so had full and regular access to a whole bunch of Secret documents. NV was sufficient for that. All officers were NV as a matter of course.

But, because it was an independent squadron I was also the RSO (and the IO). It was because I was the RSO and so responsible for a few pads of BATCO and the two Clansman BID fills we had, I was PV'd. Not because I was the Ops Officer. I was an IO in a later EOD job and still had no requirement for PV then, even though I was in regular contact with Tech Int (Army) DI59b. PV was only for 'regular and unsupervised access to TS' and given that war plans etc were only Secret, there wasn't much call for regimental officers (except the RSO) to be PV'd.

I was then PV'd again when I went to work in MB, it's an expensive process and there was no point in doing it when it wasn't needed. I therefore don't agree that PV was 'routine' for ops officers.
Well put @bob_the_bomb. An individual enters a whole new world upon the successful completion of the DV process, as you are well aware, all based on the simple 'need to know'. @John G was unlikely to have been part of it, probably much to his chagrin.

15 Coy?

Looks like this thread might have just run its course, and Major John has run off to lick his wounds.

Still it lasted almost three months.

Looks like this thread might have just run its course.....

I was hoping it might make 7000. Still it lasted almost three months.
Do you really think he’s been seen off, I doubt it somehow........

He’s the cockroach of arrse, he could be beaten with bats and would still manage to post. The first post after Trump’s nuclear armageddon, will be johng celebrating his latest medal.

Looks like this thread might have just run its course, and Major John has run off to lick his wounds.

Still it lasted almost three months.
You'll all be sorry if he's done himself a mischief due to all the bullying and taunts he's received on here.

You'll all be sorry if he's done himself a mischief due to all the bullying and taunts he's received on here.
You're right, those with possible mental issues should not be mocked. It's difficult to draw the line between banter and bullying, not helped when the individual fights his corner in an antagonist way which leaves him open to ridecule.

It’s quiet.....too quiet.....

He's rather going to come back with a tsunami of lies and bollocks, or he's going to try slide back in under the radar - possibly with a new account. If it's the latter he'll be outed quicker than Corbyn in a synagogue - he can't help himself.

I personally hope one of the mods has hit him with the ban hammer for 99 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads