Army WO3s and RAF WO1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
"no mention "?

goods and service to other individuals and bodies,
Keep following the trail and you’ll see it pertains to provision of reports, etc. Not stand alone policing.

I could amend what was a simple statement thus:
You could, but it's simply not true except as a very broad generalisation.
The issues with expat corruption, such as with volunteer policing, add nothing to the discussion and are an irrelevance.
Well, you said the police need "NO" (your caps) help from outsiders to up tea-money, etc. Obviously that isn't correct
It is still, quite frankly, inconceivable that an expat, of whatever standing, would be able to act to increase a fine/compensation payment.
I can't understand this from you. You're still insisting I wasn't there to do something I've said, absolutely emphatically, I wasn't there to do!
OF COURSE I WASN'T CALLED TO "INCREASE THE FINE" ! I've never suggested in any way that was why I was called or why I went, and TBH I'm surprised you've got that take on it from somewhere - it certainly isn't from me.

I was called just as I was any other time - to be the guy in the middle whom both sides could trust to be fair to all (at least as much as anyone could trust anyone). I had no idea what the problem was before I got there, just as I had no idea what I was letting myself in for when I agreed to help out when first asked.
I wasn't called in to help them up a fine. I never was.

I was called because it just usually made the police's life easier so it was routine. Nothing more, nothing less

The police had already decided that the only charges were for the damage and for the non-payment of services. Nothing more. That was all they were interested in.

They'd decided there was no rape charge as the girl hadn't made a complaint (to them) nor had the soldiers confessed (to them). All they'd made was some unhelpful comments that she was "only a bar girl", etc.

That was the end of the police interest, apart from getting fed up with the soldiers' attitude. In their view all that was merited was a hefty fine of 20k and a few days in the local jail to teach them some respect (not that unusual for them to do in Pattaya once they had a local nick).
I think you were asked to tell the lads to pay up to avoid the official process. Simple as that.
Yes! Correct! To pay up 20k! Absolute agreement!

Everything else was purely my decision. Whether that's me sticking my nose in or me not being prepared to just say "not my business, squire" and walk away once I was already there is a matter of opinion, but it had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the police, at least the first time. They'd already made their decision.

You seem to think this was all part of my upping the fine for the police, the police applying pressure and some extortion, etc. I can understand that, but it was nothing to do with that (although that obviously happened the second time).

It was nothing to do with the police trying to extort money, up the fine, etc, or my helping the police apply the screws, etc. Nothing at all.

It was simply down to a couple of them realising the reality and seriousness of what they'd done while egged on by their mates and accepting that it wasn't funny but it was plain wrong and they had to take responsibility. They then either convinced the others or told them that if they didn't pay up too they'd admit it to the police - I don't know which.

However bad, it didn't make them all bad people - some were just easily influenced, immature and rather stupid.
The point was that there was no reason for a fine beyond 'payment for services', as with no complaint from the victims, which the soldiers and the police all knew they'd refused to give, there was no compulsion to pay any additional compensation. .....

They could have easily refused to pay anything, and if they'd asked for consular assistance they'd have been out in under a day. The police knew that, which was why they saw no point in demanding big bucks.

The victims had already refused to make a complaint, and I respected that completely and supported it which was why I disagreed so strongly when telling the media was suggested before as a 'third option', just as trying to push them to make a complaint would have been totally wrong.

What they wanted, though, which I thought was more than fair and justified, was more than just payment as if they'd agreed to go with all six which they hadn't - just because someone's a bar girl doesn't mean they can't be raped and that was exactly what had happened.

The police couldn't see the point in more than the normal 'spot fine' for not paying for 'services rendered', so that was all they thought to go for. I thought they were entitled to some decent compensation, which the perpetrators could easily afford, and which the police didn't think it was worthwhile trying for as they didn't think the soldiers would pay - it was that simple.

Probably not, you misunderstand it. I could explain things, but you don’t deserve that, leaving you with a choice of digging a hole for yourself, as usual or just letting things lie - but you are incapable of that.
So when it says "In this part of south London, which has seen an extravagance of bars, clubs and restaurants appear in recent years, that includes making the streets safe. To do so, since August the organisation has been paying for two extra police officers through MetPatrol Plus, a scheme run through the London mayor’s office. As the police are squeezed, such ideas have growing appeal. " it doesn't mean they're getting paid extra to patrol estates, etc, it actually means something else?

... and you could explain that, but you're not going to?

I see .....

No, it gives that as an example, nothing more. Read the other links and clearly for many police forces it goes far further than that.
It’s not an example, it’s what is available. Nothing more.

Keep digging.

So when it says "In this part of south London, which has seen an extravagance of bars, clubs and restaurants appear in recent years, that includes making the streets safe. To do so, since August the organisation has been paying for two extra police officers through MetPatrol Plus, a scheme run through the London mayor’s office. As the police are squeezed, such ideas have growing appeal. " it doesn't mean they're getting paid extra to patrol estates, etc, it actually means something else?

... and you could explain that, but you're not going to?

I see .....
Your failure to understand Council tax and business rates is evident.

John, you are just dense. Further your tellingly symptomatic insistence on doggedly tilting at windmills only emphasises the fact.

Your failure to understand Council tax and business rates is evident.
John, you are just dense. Further your tellingly symptomatic insistence on doggedly tilting at windmills only emphasises the fact.
She might, if I wanted to ditch her by ******* her off with your pedantry.

You are all WRONG :D:D:D

@John G is not an Arrsehole, fcukwit, liar and every other pejorative that has been thrown in his direction.

@John G is the most clued up guy on the planet, about anything and everything.

Still waiting for your response to this.

https://www.orbat85.nl/documents/BAOR-July-1989.pdf

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/baor-orbat-july-1989-version-8.292114/

Are you deliberately ignoring it because it shows exactly how clued up you are ?

You could, but it's simply not true except as a very broad generalisation.
Well, you said the police need "NO" (your caps) help from outsiders to up tea-money, etc. Obviously that isn't correct
I can't understand this from you. You're still insisting I wasn't there to do something I've said, absolutely emphatically, I wasn't there to do!
I wasn't called in to help them up a fine. I never was.

I was called because it just usually made the police's life easier so it was routine. Nothing more, nothing less

The police had already decided that the only charges were for the damage and for the non-payment of services. Nothing more. That was all they were interested in.

They'd decided there was no rape charge as the girl hadn't made a complaint (to them) nor had the soldiers confessed (to them). All they'd made was some unhelpful comments that she was "only a bar girl", etc.

That was the end of the police interest, apart from getting fed up with the soldiers' attitude. In their view all that was merited was a hefty fine of 20k and a few days in the local jail to teach them some respect (not that unusual for them to do in Pattaya once they had a local nick).
Yes! Correct! To pay up 20k! Absolute agreement!

Everything else was purely my decision. Whether that's me sticking my nose in or me not being prepared to just say "not my business, squire" and walk away once I was already there is a matter of opinion, but it had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the police, at least the first time. They'd already made their decision.

You seem to think this was all part of my upping the fine for the police, the police applying pressure and some extortion, etc. I can understand that, but it was nothing to do with that (although that obviously happened the second time).

It was nothing to do with the police trying to extort money, up the fine, etc, or my helping the police apply the screws, etc. Nothing at all.
I accept that I may be confused. Help simplify it for me. Did the lads end up paying more as a result of your intervention, or not?

I accept that I may be confused. Help simplify it for me. Did the lads end up paying more as a result of your intervention, or not?
@John G appears to have done a runner or perhaps he has been eaten by his dogs.

So without fanfare, without 20GB's of verbosity, without any tangents, without calling you a fantasist / stupid / or any of the other names that the main fantasist likes to use.

YES

@John G appears to have done a runner or perhaps he has been eaten by his dogs.

So without fanfare, without 20GB's of verbosity, without any tangents, without calling you a fantasist / stupid / or any of the other names that the main fantasist likes to use.

YES
It’s ANZAC Day. Like any other self-respecting. Aussie he’ll have been on the piss since dawn.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It’s ANZAC Day. Like any other self-respecting. Aussie he’ll have been in the Lisa since dawn.
If he has, I'm surprised he hasn't posted. He seems to do his best work when he's 3 sheets to the wind!

It’s ANZAC Day. Like any other self-respecting. Aussie he’ll have been in the Lisa since dawn.
An Aussie? And an Old Harrovian?

Do they allow Australians into Harrow?

Maybe he’s dead and we should all feel sorry.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads