Army WO3s and RAF WO1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of my peers from my bn went on to be a 2*. One made it to one* and even that was controversial. I can't think of any from Queens from my era who went on to 2*, but I barely knew / knew of anyone in the 1st or 3rd bns.

I hope the outlook on morality, moral obligations, humanity, etc hasn't changed at all; I like to think those here aren't typical of either officers or anyone else with a decent of values and that those able to still do the right thing when they can.

Who knows?

PM me if you can think where we may have crossed paths.

Talking yourself now...
IMG_20190423_173619.jpg

None of my peers from my bn went on to be a 2*. One made it to one* and even that was controversial. I can't think of any from Queens from my era who went on to 2*, but I barely knew / knew of anyone in the 1st or 3rd bns.

I hope the outlook on morality, moral obligations, humanity, etc hasn't changed at all; I like to think those here aren't typical of either officers or anyone else with a decent of values and that those able to still do the right thing when they can.

Who knows?

I think you’ve got Arrse muddled up with your Grindr account.

It’s late and he’s had a hard day responding like Pavlov’s poster to all the liars and people who are just wrong, plain wrong, and lying, just such liars....

Don’t worry though! Arrse will still be here to remind him to look in the mirror...

Keep that cunt cap on Johnny! It really suits you!

No, as 'John'. That's why, despite Thai custom, they called me ... "John" (actually 'Khun John', or 'Mr John'). They hadn't. She told me she hadn't consented and had told them not to. They all told me she hadn't consented and had told them not to.

What more "information" do you think was needed?
What assumption?
What judgement? What sentence?
They couldn't be charged and weren't. The victim refused to make a complaint and they never confessed to the police. They were under no compulsion to pay so there was no possible extortion, and they'd confirmed exactly what the bar-girl said.

Rather like all the open source reports and vids on Milan, they could of course all have been lying and it was yet another conspiracy.
What do we know what happened? It does seem convenient how your story pans out.

As for Milan, you show your lack of knowledge. You’ve not provided any one source evidence and you’re making it up about what can be seen in the video, it just didn’t happen as you propose.

You can’t even identify the types of missiles in service during your service.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
What do we know what happened? It does seem convenient how your story pans out.

As for Milan, you show your lack of knowledge. You’ve not provided any one source evidence and you’re making it up about what can be seen in the video, it just didn’t happen as you propose.

You can’t even identify the types of missiles in service during your service.
He can't even id Milan mate, let alone which version.

Who knows?

The chap I'm thinking of was definitely 2 Queens. I met him in N Ireland. Although I believe he went on to 2* through the TA.

Regarding meeting you, I'm pretty sure we were at RMAS together; then again when I was in NI. I also on the 15 Coy briefing staff at SWS.

So as I said then, not how it's done in the West, unlike your previous assertion.
Except that's not what you said then, nor was that my "assertion'.

This is what I wrote:
It's a perfectly normal, routine, well-known system on gated estates, even in the West.
and this is what you said:
No, in the West it's generally accepted that the Police do what they are paid to by the citizens, and don't moonlight as a PSC on a private estate.
The systems are identical.

In both cases the police are working, on duty, as a PSC on a private estate.

No difference at all.

The only difference is how payment is made and who to, which neither of us mentioned.

Last edited:
John, do you find that when you enter a local establishment, other expats make their excuses and leave rather sharpish.

I only ask, because I can't think of anything worse than being talked down to by you, in your "i'm never wrong" attitude - i bet there is an audible groan when you walk in places, where people were enjoying a friendly, convivial beer and conversation.
What expats?

He can't even id Milan mate, let alone which version.
bob's vid, where you keep saying I never noticed it wasn't Milan?

I've never looked at it, never referred to it.

How can I ID something in a vid I've never seen?

The only ones I've ever referred to are the one I linked to, which is from a well known source and cites an even better known source and directly and unequivocally contradicts everything dingerr's said, in specific detail, and dingerr's own which also contradicts what he said in the only part showing that period of the flight (which dingerr's already said he's never watched as he alway looked downrange, evenhis job was also to watch the firing).

I've never seen the video. How can I ID anything in it if I've never seen it?

In both cases the police are working, on duty, as a PSC on a private estate.
Police don't work as PSCs on private estates; they patrol them in the same way as they do the rest of the land. My girlfriend, sister, brother-in-law, mother and father are/were all coppers, so give yourself a break and don't argue the toss.

Can someone give me a clue as to what any of this crap over the last 100+ pages has to do with the thread tittle.

The chap I'm thinking of was definitely 2 Queens. I met him in N Ireland. Although I believe he went on to 2* through the TA.

Regarding meeting you, I'm pretty sure we were at RMAS together; then again when I was in NI. I also on the 15 Coy briefing staff at SWS.
You must be talking about Simon L****. He left 2Q in 1978 as a Lt after a 3 year Short Svc Comm and joined the TA (HAC).

I was SMC 13 (Burma Coy) and RCC 13 (Inkerman Coy) so we'd have overlapped, just, but I doubt we met there, Possibly later. PM sent.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
bob's vid, where you keep saying I never noticed it wasn't Milan?

I've never looked at it, never referred to it.

How can I ID something in a vid I've never seen?

The only ones I've ever referred to are the one I linked to, which is from a well known source and cites an even better known source and directly and unequivocally contradicts everything dingerr's said, in specific detail, and dingerr's own which also contradicts what he said in the only part showing that period of the flight (which dingerr's already said he's never watched as he alway looked downrange, evenhis job was also to watch the firing).

I've never seen the video. How can I ID anything in it if I've never seen it?
Somebody posts a video that if it was correct would totally vindicate your point and you didn't even look at it, seems legit alright.

Police don't work as PSCs on private estates; they patrol them in the same way as they do the rest of the land. My girlfriend, sister, brother-in-law, mother and father are/were all coppers, so give yourself a break and don't argue the toss.
Did you ask them?

Unikely the Met lied about being able to pay for extra police patrols - two for the price of one. A bargain.

Or Nottingamshire Police who even charge by the hour:

Charge Rates for Special Policing Services
Hourly Charges Chief Superintendent £106.78
Superintendent £101.70
Chief Inspector £79.51
Inspector £74.92
Sergeant £77.03
Constable £63.65
PCSO £48.13
Special Constable £31.83
Police Staff (grade A1) * £36.28
Police Dog £65.28
Short Notice Premium & Bank Holiday Hourly Charges
Sergeant £120.38
Constable £98.89
PCSO £70.08 Special Constable £49.45
Police Staff (Grade A1) * £60.70

They could all be lying, of course, and it could be another conspiracy. The 27 unis that have paid 2 mill to17 police forces could all be lying too. Just as well your girlfriend can put them all straight.

Our Ref: 001494/14
Freedom of Information Section Nottinghamshire Police HQ Sherwood Lodge, Arnold Nottingham NG5 8PP
Tel: 101 Ext 800 2507 Fax: 0115 967 2896
24 March 2014
Request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA)
I write in connection with your request for information, which was received by Nottinghamshire Police on 24/02/2014.
Following receipt of your request searches were conducted within Nottinghamshire Police to locate the information you require.
RESPONSE
Under S 1 (1) (a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA), I can confirm that Nottinghamshire Police does hold the information you have requested.
Please find below answers to your questions:-
I would like information on whether police officers can be hired by companies & individuals.
If so what would the cost be to hire each rating
Although Police Officers provide a public service, there are some functions, goods and services that Nottinghamshire Police provide which are beyond day to day policing where it is appropriate for us to charge individuals or organisations to recover costs.
Details regarding these special services are published on our Force internet site via the following link:
Services we will charge you for
A list of charges is also available from our internet site at this following link:

(see charges above)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads