Army WO3s and RAF WO1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
... (snip) ... In one particular incident half-a-dozen soldiers on R&R were involved in an incident that, in UK, would have seen all of them jailed for 10 to 12 years. ... (snip) ... Which liar wrote this... You tell lies
In the UK they could have been at least charged without a statement from the victim, and the victims would have had their identity protected.

Neither is possible here. Both victims had already refused to give a statement about the rape so there was absolutely no possibility of a rape charge being made.

The circumstances in the UK are totally different. Since you're the expert, maybe you could say what you would have done in my place?

Edit: Or any of the other experts who think I did the wrong thing.

At least stacker had the courage of his convictions to suggest an alternative, even if it would have made things worse, unlike the sickening moral cowards who just say 'you were wrong'.

Last edited:
Not quite. There was absolutely no possibility whatsoever of them being jailed at all. None. Zero. Somehow you ignored that part.
So why did this happen?

The soldiers then spent the rest of their holiday in gaol, helping the police with their enquiries.

I find it curious that John knows about buying your way out of sexual offence allegations. It's not something that decent people even consider. Some might say he's had loads of practice.

The minging child fcuker.

In the UK they could have been at least charged without a statement from the victim, and the victims would have had their identity protected.
Utter lies; with no statement of complaint and no third party evidence, no ones getting charged with anything.

Arrest and interview, most likely an admission of intercourse with the thought that it was consensual, then NFA due to insufficient evidence.

Neither is possible here. Both victims had already refused to give a statement about the rape so there was absolutely no possibility of a rape charge being made.

The circumstances in the UK are totally different. Since you're the expert, maybe you could say what you would have done in my place?

At least stacker had the courage of his convictions to suggest an alternative, even if it would have made things worse, unlike the sickening moral cowards who just say 'you were wrong'.

You rapist enabling liar

So why did this happen?
Because under the Emergency Powers Act that was then in place the police here were entitled to hold people for up to 30 days without their being charged to 'help them with their enquiries' subject to routine court approval every 7 days (not including weekends and public holidays).

Even before the Act (2005) when it was officially 48 hours that didn't include weekends and public holidays and it could be routinely extended to 7 days and frequently was.

Different countries, different systems.

Feel absolutely free to come up with a better solution. Nobody else, apart from stacker, has even tried.

Edit:
Just to elaborate, it really is a totally different system which some can't understand (or don't want to).

In the UK the victim would have been interviewed by a female police officer, given support, sympathy, encouraged to contact a support group, etc. The hotel staff's statements would have been taken further and they'd have been questioned as to what they'd heard, what the victim had said, etc, etc. All routine. Those implicated would have at least been arrested even if CPS decided there was insufficient evidence.

The victims in the UK would not only have had their identity protected but have known they'd have their identity protected, particularly in the media. There would have been an excellent chance of the victim being persuaded to make a statement and plenty of possible supporting statements and physical evidence to convince them that there was a case and to make a complaint.

In Thailand, unless they were minors, they'd have had no protection whatsoever and they'd have had their photos and personal details, family, etc, plastered over the press within hours and they knew it.

In Thailand as soon as the first case (the damage) was settled that was the end of any possible enquiry unless the victims made a complaint on the spot.

There are very, very few policewomen here and the few there are are in administrative posts. During over 25 years living here I've literally never seen a policewoman apart from in the Immigration Police, where there are plenty, and there were certainly none in Pattaya in either the normal or Tourist Police. Thailand's recently announced that it's stopped recruiting any female police at all, apart from Immigration Police.

The system's completely different, which is why the outcome would almost certainly have been very different.

2nd edit: Just had a chat with our local village policeman. Up until 2009, the RTP ( 'normal' Thai police) had no policewomen at all.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, John, I was commanding a Coy as an A/Maj at 28, then deployed (to an actual Operational area, not a holiday destination) again as an A/Maj straight after. This was by no means exceptional, or out of the ordinary.
Amazing. FWIW I'd assumed from your posts that you were a not particularly bright and rather uninformed VM who'd probably reached his ceiling as an over-promoted time-serving LCpl who may have spent some time in a bn LAD, or maybe an RMP who'd failed to make it in the real police or had been rejected by everyone else at the factory. I'd never given it much thought. Gen.

edit: As bob correctly pointed out earlier, commanding coys / sqns, at least in inf bns, RE, etc, was pretty well exclusively limited to psc Majs, and as others have pointed out often / usually after a PSC tour as a Maj elsewhere, so to have commanded a Coy in a Field unit as a 28 year old acting Maj for a full tour and then have carried on to command another, as you seem to imply, on ops, is very much "exceptional" and "out of the ordinary".

Since I've been totally open and honest about my own background when asked, in detail, could you reciprocate?

Where did you actually command a coy as a 28 year old, and what exactly was it? ... and what actual command or appointment did you go on to do afterwards, and in what "actual Operational area", still as an acting Maj?

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand SLEEP.

@John G pulls yet another all night drag stag. What a fookin belter. Probably no different from when he served, fucked into the OPs Room on draggers to keep him away the fuck from armed troops.

This is my interpretation of your quoting of QR's / JSP's

You know what they are, but have zero experience in their interpretation or application.

You have zero knowledge / understanding of the Army's '' Values and Standards ''

Your career ended when '' On day 1 of Tin City @John G threatened violence against civpop & Staff '' That is the day that any career you might have had died.

Hardly surprising that you got binned at the first available opportunity under the guise of Redundancy.

You somehow think that the paying of hush money is the correct way to do something ? In the UK you would also have been charged with '' Aiding & Abetting '' the covering up of a crime. Although I'm sure PC Plod could come up with far more serious charges due to it being assistance to rapists.

Different countries, different systems.
They might be different Countries and have different systems, but I have yet to visit a Country where RAPE is not a criminal offence.

You are such a throbber that I am beginning to believe that another poster actually nailed it square on the head. You are a fookin Troll who has resorted to identity theft via the internet.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand SLEEP.

@John G pulls yet another all night drag stag. What a fookin belter. Probably no different from when he served, fucked into the OPs Room on draggers to keep him away the **** from armed troops.

This is my interpretation of your quoting of QR's / JSP's

You know what they are, but have zero experience in their interpretation or application.

You have zero knowledge / understanding of the Army's '' Values and Standards ''

Your career ended when '' On day 1 of Tin City @John G threatened violence against civpop & Staff '' That is the day that any career you might have had died.

Hardly surprising that you got binned at the first available opportunity under the guise of Redundancy.

You somehow think that the paying of hush money is the correct way to do something ? In the UK you would also have been charged with '' Aiding & Abetting '' the covering up of a crime. Although I'm sure PC Plod could come up with far more serious charges due to it being assistance to rapists.

They might be different Countries and have different systems, but I have yet to visit a Country where RAPE is not a criminal offence.

You are such a throbber that I am beginning to believe that another poster actually nailed it square on the head. You are a fookin Troll who has resorted to identity theft via the internet.
Whatever my criticisms of stacker are, at least he had the guts to say what he would have done in my place. No-one else has even tried, despite the cheap shots.
Since you're the expert, maybe you could say what you would have done in my place?

Would that not require a conscience, or does the local cuisine and scenery make up for it?

Whatever my criticisms of stacker are, at least he had the guts to say what he would have done in my place. No-one else has even tried, despite the cheap shots.
You are a hard man superhero, remember !!

Career ending sentence '' Day 1, Tin City, our hard man stand in OC causes chaos by threatening civpop & Staff with violence ''

You should have kicked 12 colours of sh!t out of the raping b@st@rds and then dragged them by the ankles to the local cop shop.

I am scratching my head as to how British squaddies had to resort to RAPE in Pattaya, when the waving of ( so I am reliably informed ) 1000 baht note above ones head results in having to beat women off with a big sh!tty stick.

People, squaddies or otherwise, that need to resort to rape in one of the worlds best known sex haunts are more seriously f@cked up than just being rapists.

Were they fellow Orifices by any chance ?

For that reason alone, it should probably have been reported to the British Embassy and certainly reported to the MOD.

After all, you keep dropping hints about extension numbers and friends in high places.

Rapist enabling worthless POS.

Would that not require a conscience, or does the local cuisine and scenery make up for it?

I was joking about the guilt, let's face it he seems proud of his actions.

You are a hard man superhero, remember !!

Career ending sentence '' Day 1, Tin City, our hard man stand in OC causes chaos by threatening civpop & Staff with violence ''

You should have kicked 12 colours of sh!t out of the raping b@st@rds and then dragged them by the ankles to the local cop shop.

I am scratching my head as to how British squaddies had to resort to RAPE in Pattaya, when the waving of ( so I am reliably informed ) 1000 baht note above ones head results in having to beat women off with a big sh!tty stick.

People, squaddies or otherwise, that need to resort to rape in one of the worlds best known sex haunts are more seriously f@cked up than just being rapists.

Were they fellow Orifices by any chance ?

For that reason alone, it should probably have been reported to the British Embassy and certainly reported to the MOD.

After all, you keep dropping hints about extension numbers and friends in high places.

Rapist enabling worthless POS.
You don't seem to read before you pass judgement.
The police called me. They were already at the local cop shop.
It was. By me. I informed the DA immediately; he didn't want to know. I passed all details and statements to the parent units. AFAIK no action was taken.

Maybe you should read this again:
Thanks, stacker, that's as good a start point as any.

I've done so elsewhere, but this is a brief rundown of what happened. As it's you, SCargo, old thing, I'm quite happy to answer any questions or add any detail although it's probably all been said before.

Two different incidents, both very similar. I can't recall which was R&R and which post tour leave, but IIRC it was one of each although it doesn't / didn't make any difference.

I used to live near Pattaya, 25 years ago, and had occasionally been asked to be a 'go-between' by the Police in incidents involving Brit servicemen on leave / R&R, etc as some knew I'd been in the Army. The police unofficially provided the security guards for the estate I lived on for about a year and they were also paid to visit the estate every couple of hours in uniform, on duty, and they kept a book they 'logged in' to at my house, as I was the first house on the estate and there was only one way in / out and I could witness it for them.

After about a year I moved out of Pattaya but was still reasonably close, about 40 minutes away, until I moved up to the sticks several years ago where I now live.

I wasn't involved officially in any capacity, they simply asked me to help so I did.

Most incidents were simply due to too much to drink, easily settled out of court. Some involved the 'normal' Thai police, some the Thai Tourist Police, who speak English (some now Russian, German, etc) and who take statements in English, translate statements in Thai to English, etc, some both.

Two separate incidents involved two separate groups of half a dozen Brit servicemen on leave / R&R in Pattaya. Both incidents very similar.

One soldier 'offed' a bar-girl back to their hotel, then the others joined in uninvited. Girl wasn't happy and, on leaving, started throwing things around. Police were called, took statements from hotel staff, the soldiers, and the girl, and the police called me to help. I thought it was way out of my league so called the DA who didn't want to know. No charges were made over the damage as the soldiers agreed to pay for it and the hotel didn't press charges as long as they left. Statements taken and signed, end of that part of the incident.

The girls refused to press charges or make an official complaint as they didn't want the publicity, which would have been unavoidable here, but quite rightly they wanted some reasonable compensation. The soldiers didn't deny anything but saw nothing wrong as she was "only a bar girl" and offered to just pay six times the going rate for one person as there had been six of them.

After some negotiation they agreed to pay more - what amounted to around two weeks pay including allowances each. Minimal in terms of a 'fine', but double what the girls were hoping for each time. I also told them my opinion of them and that I would be passing on all the details and statements to their units and the DA, which I did. What they then did with the information was up to them and out of my hands.

The soldiers then spent the rest of their holiday in gaol, helping the police with their enquiries.

I had the choice, in both incidents, of either:
  1. doing nothing, which would have meant that the girls would have received no compensation or damages at all, no charges could have been made as the girls refused to press charges or make any more statements, the DA and the units wouldn't have been informed as the police had no reason to inform them and the soldiers had said they didn't want any consular assistance, and they'd have been released to enjoy the rest of their holiday. ... or
  2. doing as I did.
I still believe, 100%, without any doubts at all despite the criticism here, that I did the right thing and that there were no other options, which was why I did exactly the same thing the second time.

Any illusions I may have had about owing any sort of allegiance to my "brothers in arms" just because we wore a similar uniform went.

Hope that clarifies things.
As I said, if you want more information just ask, and if you have a better solution name it.

Last edited:
No, about 20 kms away.
Make up your mind chopper.

I previously asked you if you travelled 800kms to get involved or were you actually in Pattaya on holiday. You either declined to answer or the answer was mired in the middle of a field of verbosity and I missed it.

Thai police called you :D:D

Must be big hit in Pattaya. Which is rather strange as the 2 retired WO1's that I know very well have not heard of you, both long term residents of the den of iniquity.

You don't seem to read before you pass judgement.
The police called me. They were already at the local cop shop.
It was. By me. I informed the DA immediately; he didn't want to know. I passed all details and statements to the parent units. AFAIK no action was taken.

Maybe you should read this again:
As I said, if you want more information just ask, and if you have a better solution name it.
You tell lies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads