Army WO3s and RAF WO1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Wombat's my field, but zero operational experience. I'm sure dingerr's equally incompetent with most weapon systems, though.

I'll leave the googling to dingerr; he seems to be the SME on using it to produce an own goal.

I'm waiting to see what he's googled on QRs, but that seems to now be in the 'oh poo, I'm not a lawyer after all' bracket, so that's not likely to happen.
Still trying to justifying assisting rapists and perverting the course of justice.

Hong Kong Military Service Corps eh, Johnny? Ever served with 'em?

Trained 'em too?

ADAC? AFAC? Never heard of it. Things may be different in the RLC / RAOC, but in Inf we have plt sgts and CQMSs who look after things like ammunition and soup.
Pl Sgt's might look after ammunition, but they do not normally indent for it.

CQMS's role is far more reaching than dishing out soup.

Both of which you might be reasonably expected to know.

Which brings me on nicely to your mantra - When I was A/Tk Pl Comd.

Support Coy ( it could have other monikers ) in the Infantry, usually consisted ( though 2 Queens might have been totally different ) of Recce Pl, Mortar Pl and A/Tk Pl.

Each of these Platoons ran their own stores, normally the Pl 2i/c was the account / keyholder, usually a C/Sgt or WO2. It seems pretty incredulous to me that as A/Tk Pl Comd you would not have carried out weekly / monthly checks. The account holder ( except under special circumstances ) could not sign these checks themselves.

In your day, the grouping system for in the field, had both Mortars and A/Tk split between Rifle Companies and they were administered by the Rifle Coy CQMS / CSM

Of course if you spent the entire period of A/Tk Pl Comd rock climbing & abseiling it is understandable that you are somewhat confused and lacking in information that should be second nature.

Sgt's might look after ammunition, but they do not normally indent for it.
Wrong. You appear not to have read what you've quoted.

Sgts would also normally indent on the chain clearly shown.
CQMS's role is far more reaching than dishing out soup.
On a pl range day? What, exactly, apart from ammunition?
Support Coy ( it could have other monikers ) in the Infantry, usually consisted ( though 2 Queens might have been totally different ) of Recce Pl, Mortar Pl and A/Tk Pl.
Wrong. In many bns it included Drums pl, often the SF pl. While coy / pl names was up to bns, Orbats were mandated.
Each of these Platoons ran their own stores, normally the Pl 2i/c was the account / keyholder, usually a C/Sgt or WO2. It seems pretty incredulous to me that as A/Tk Pl Comd you would not have carried out weekly / monthly checks. The account holder ( except under special circumstances ) could not sign these checks themselves.
Wrong. Checks are mandated, carried out by coy / bn duty officers as well as pl and coy comds, not on an ad hoc basis by the pl comd directly responsible.
In your day, the grouping system for in the field, had both Mortars and A/Tk split between Rifle Companies and they were administered by the Rifle Coy CQMS / CSM
Totally wrong. Happened in some bdes in BAOR, as described, but in nearly all cases Mors were not penny packeted and Milan were sited first, as a bn asset, then rifle coys around them, very seldom the other way round. Allocating a section arbitrarily to a coy was totally outdated.

Your ignorance of basic inf organisation for a WO2 (although you were actually no more a WO2 doing a WO2's job than I was a Col, were you? Weren't you hoofed out to the TA to a post that didn't even exist?) is sadly no surprise.
RQMS ( M ) and RQMS ( T ) mean nothing to you ? Usually abbreviated within the Infantry to RQ and TQ
I thought the poster was referring to "Range Qualified", as the subject was ranges, and replied accordingly. Some Corps use the expression, inf don't. As explained, at least twice, I had no idea he'd jumped for some reason I still don't follow to introduce the RQMS and replied in that context.
@John G

Since you have no idea what NSN's are.

Arrse has a dedicated thread - Knock yourself out.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/useful-nsns.77576/
Not remotely anything I was involved in, nor any of my tps other than storemen. It may be a revelation to many here, but pl comds, most offrs, and most NCOs in combat arms are there to command and lead, not to spend their time filling out forms and part numbers. Both jobs are equally important, but time spent on one is time taken away from the other.

Big mouth, small brain. No wonder your bn got rid of you.

Last edited:
It’s not me that thinks its a skeleton - its your avatar after all. Just fascinated that you’ve never served with Hammerbeck when you seem to be happily sitting next to him in your regimental photo?

Wrong. You appear not to have read what you've quoted.

Sgts would also normally indent on the chain clearly shown.
Do you Know what a cas & ammo state is ?

Pl Sgt's do not indent for ammo, any more than they would indent for BCRs.

Wrong. Checks are mandated, carried by coy / bn duty officers as well as pl and coy comds, not on an ad hoc basis by the pl comd directly responsible.
I am fairly certain that is what I said.

Were you never a Duty Officer as A/Tk Pl Comd ?

Wrong. In many bns it included Drums pl, often the SF pl. While coy / pl names was up to bns, Orbats were mandated.
What is wrong about it ? Drums, Pipes & Drums were indeed often the SF Platoon, not necessarily part of Support Company.

Totally wrong. Happened in some bdes in BAOR, as described, but in nearly all cases Mors were not penny packeted and Milan were sited first, as a bn asset, then rifle coys around them, very seldom the other way round.
If it is totally wrong, how could it have happened in some Bdes in BAOR you throbber. It also happened in the UK, you fookin nugget.

Your ignorance of basic inf organisation for a WO2 (although you were actually no more a WO2 doing a WO2's job than I was a Col, were you? Weren't you hoofed out to the TA to a post that didn't even exist?) is sadly no surprise.
A 2 year posting is just that, a 2 year posting. The only person that got hoofed was you under the guise of Redundancy.

It may be a revelation to many here, but pl comds, most offrs, and most NCOs in combat arms are there to command and lead, not to spend their time filling out forms and part numbers.
Here is a revelation for you. Most Officers, SNCO's, JNCO's and fookin Privates know what NSN's are. @John G does not know. How bizarre. You must be thicker than I gave you credit for.

No wonder your bn got rid of you.
Except they didn't. I was dined out with a full 22 year pension, not hoofed under the guise of Redundancy.

Is that what hurts the most ? That you thought you were some sort of super soldier and got hoofed.

50p is in the post, go and phone your f@cking Padre.

It’s not me that thinks its a skeleton - its your avatar after all. Just fascinated that you’ve never served with Hammerbeck when you seem to be happily sitting next to him in your regimental photo?
It's not a regimental photo. It was a JNCOs cadre pass out pde attended by him and Chris Patten. The first and only time I ever met him. No idea what's fascinating about that.

Who? Chris Patten?

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just thought @John G were you a Colonel with the Thai or Hong Kong Police? If so, they must have lowered their standards considerably since Ch.Insp. Mike S was stationed out there. (He was my Father).

Do you Know what a cas & ammo state is ?
Yes.
Pl Sgt's do not indent for ammo, any more than they would indent for BCRs.
Evidently, though, you don't have the faintest idea what a "cas & ammo state" is as it has nothing to do with ammunition for a pl range day. As explained, and as customary in any inf bn I know of, the chain was approval by the Coy 2ic then plsgt > CQMS > etc. If you weren't trusted to indent for ammunition as a pl sgt, if you ever were one, that doesn't surprise me.
I am fairly certain that is what I said.
You're usually certain,and usually wrong. As here. What you said was "It seems pretty incredulous to me that as A/Tk Pl Comd you would not have carried out weekly / monthly checks." No mention of the mandatory checks, just the ad hoc ones. The opposite to what you're "fairly certain" you said.
Were you never a Duty Officer as A/Tk Pl Comd ?
Yes, but you don't carry out checks on your own stores. Had you been a WO, in any unit, and done the mandatory checks it's impossible that you would not have known that.
What is wrong about it ? Drums, Pipes & Drums were indeed often the SF Platoon, not necessarily part of Support Company.
What's 'wrong' is that "While coy / pl names was up to bns, Orbats were mandated." Orbats weren't up to the bn.
If it is totally wrong, how could it have happened in some Bdes in BAOR you throbber.
Because what you had said was that "In your day, the grouping system for in the field, had both Mortars and A/Tk split between Rifle Companies and they were administered by the Rifle Coy CQMS / CSM". It's wrong. Incorrect. Untrue. Nonsense. Cr@p.

It wasn't "the grouping system in the field" as you state.

6 Airmobile Bde had A/Tk pls in the Rifle Coys, but only 6 Airmobile Bde. Mors were not penny packeted to coys anywhere except under very limited circumstances. It's rubbish. It was an out of date system that, except possibly in some units that paid the price, had generally ended in the '60s.
A 2 year posting is just that, a 2 year posting.
Indeed it is, but you weren't on one were you? You were simply binned to a TA bn, unofficially, for your last 6 months as your bn didn't want you. Weren't you?
The only person that got hoofed was you under the guise of Redundancy.
'fraid not. The dates in the LG confim that.
Here is a revelation for you. Most Officers, SNCO's, JNCO's and fookin Privates know what NSN's are. @John G does not know. How bizarre. You must be thicker than I gave you credit for.
No revelation. Most Offrs, etc, aren't in combat arms / units and those that are have better things to do unless it's part of their job which for most it isn't. Both equally important, but time spent on one can't be spent on another.
So you lied? and they didn't bin you to a TA bn where you didn't even have a job?

Can't be both.
That you thought you were some sort of super soldier and got hoofed.
No, never thought I was remotely "some sort of super soldier" and never got "hoofed". I was simply lucky enough to get and do the jobs I wanted to and decided to leave and still do things I wanted to rather than hang on counting paperclips for another twenty years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads