Army WO3s and RAF WO1s

During your period of service there were three versions available.
Only one when I had anything to do with it as Milan Pl comd.

And only ever one at a time when I was involved in it with other units.

Whatever point you're trying to make, and I've no idea where you've made it up from, it doesn't apply in any way. I wasn't a storeman. There were no different versions to choose from. I had no need or reason to know any NSNs / AFACs / whatever.

As there was only one sort of missile avail whenever I was involved with Milan (not the same one in all units, but only one in any unit) that cut the options down just a bit.
If your Milan course was before ‘87 then there were 2 types available. It’s already been mention earlier on the thread.

It’s a very simple question for those who have used Milan, although it’s not available on google and probably wouldn’t be mentioned in the bar.

Where? Here.

Also I was under the impression that the phrase "economical with the truth" was a euphemism for lying, in other words being dishonest.
So why are you asking me to post it for you when you're capable of doing it yourself?

I asked you a simple question, you chose to avoid it despite saying you were happy to answer it. You don't see that as less than honest and economical with the truth? Up to you.

It’s a very simple question for those who have used Milan, although it’s not available on google and probably wouldn’t be mentioned in the bar.
Indeed it is, as there was only ever one type available (apart from training / drill missiles, I suppose, which weren't much use in the field) so I can't understand your fixation with it - unless you want to avoid anything else.

Last edited:
ADAC? AFAC? Never heard of it. Things may be different in the RLC / RAOC, but in Inf we have plt sgts and CQMSs who look after things like ammunition and soup.
Just when you thought @John G couldn’t get more arrogant.

I think we all understand now precisely why your battalion got rid of you at every opportunity.

Wrong. Totally wrong.
I've answered it already. More than once. What's the point in giving you the same answer repeatedly?
Was your course before ‘87? If so there were two types available or was Dave the Rave (an accepted Milan user). lying.

You haven’t given me the answer. You have a choice of three, stating you used Milan is not the answer, which Milan you used is the answer.

I don’t think that clip proves much. Try this one
Actually it does, bob, very conclusively and beyond any possible doubt. You just need to know what to look for, then there's no possible room for any doubt.

Look carefully at the very beginning of dingerr's clip. The black and white clip, a couple of seconds in. You can see the initial launch burning for about 1.5 seconds / 3 metres then it goes out, just before the clip ends, when the main burn's about to start.

Two totally separate and very, very easily identifiable stages. It couldn't be clearer.

I've seen some own goals here, particularly from dingerr, but that's got to be one of the absolute best.

Last edited:
ADAC? AFAC? Never heard of it. Things may be different in the RLC / RAOC, but in Inf we have plt sgts and CQMSs who look after things like ammunition and soup.
The Plt Sgt May have completed the AFG1771[?], to request the Ammunition, you will have had to sign it to confirm the requirement, the RQ authorises the issue. It’s an accountable document. If Ammunition isn’t accounted for properly a unit will fail its yearly Ammo inspection, in your day this was part of Opeval and from what I understand, failing Opeval reflects badly on a CO.

You may have valid reasons for never having had to do it, but to dismiss it off hand as never happening is just ridiculous.

Did you absolve all your responsibilities?

Just when you thought @John G couldn’t get more arrogant.
That's what pl sgts and CQMSs do!
I think we all understand now precisely why your battalion got rid of you at every opportunity.
As I say, no demeaning required!

They held on to me for three times as long as they should / as normal! It's all confirmed in the bn / regtl rags you dug out!

Maybe dingerr's wasn't the best own goal after all.

The Plt Sgt May have completed the AFG1771[?], to request the Ammunition, you will have had to sign it to confirm the requirement, the RQ authorises the issue. It’s an accountable document. If Ammunition isn’t accounted for properly a unit will fail its yearly Ammo inspection, in your day this was part of Opeval and from what I understand, failing Opeval reflects badly on a CO.
Inf Pl sgts are all RQ'd. It's part of senior Brecon, FFS.
Did you absolve all your responsibilities?
Ammo and soup aren't a pl comd's responsibility, at least in inf.

Had another look at your vid yet?

Great choice - really informative:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:!!

Actually it does, bob, very conclusively and beyond any possible doubt. You just need to know what to look for, then there's no possible room for any doubt.

Look carefully at the very beginning of dingerr's clip. The black and white clip, a couple of seconds in. You can see the initial launch burning for about 1.5 seconds / 3 metres then it goes out, just before the clip ends, when the main burns about to start.

Two totally separate and very, very easily identifiable stages. It couldn't be clearer.

I've seen some own goals here, particularly from dingerr, but that's got to be one of the absolute best.
Two separate stages of boost and sustain. The missile launches faster than 2m/s as you previously stated and sustain kicks in way after 3m. Clearly evident on the film.

So you just didn’t bother with your responsibilities then. Did you fück your platoon Sgt off when he required you to authorise things? He probably found a decent officer to authorise them.

Inf Pl sgts are all RQ'd. It's part of senior Brecon, FFS.

Had another look at your vid yet?

Great choice - really informative:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:!!
You don't know what RQ means. The RQ course is not done on Senior Brecon.

You moron.

Last edited:
Indeed it is, as there was only ever one type available (apart from training / drill missles, I suppose, which weren't much use in the field) so I can't understand your fixation with it - unless you want to avoid anything else.
It’s quite simple John, there will have been two types of missile available for you to fire when you did your Milan course, this went out of service, but only one was replaced with the upgraded Milan.

It’s quite simple. Which Milan did you use or I’ll accept you naming any of the three.

So two items of kit that would
A) allow your soldiers to fight effectively and
B) maintain health and improve morale,
yet you cant be fcuked with them, chin them off and dont ensure your soldiers are fed and bombed up (maybe the whole raison d'etre of a platoon commander). You jack cnut, did you spent all your time in your personal shitter giving yourself a pokey bum wnak?

I see you still think I'm something to do with Danny Dravot. Told you before I'm more a Peachey Carnehan, brother. I wasnt RLC and I wasnt an officer, which is a good thing as if i'd had to serve with you I'd have been court martialled for flushing your head down trap one.

In summary you are a child fcuking inadequate liar who got foisted on the colonies and used that isolation to fabricate a couple of buckshee promotions which you have attempted to dine out on since.

If you take nothing else from this, just know that no-one likes you, no-one believes a word you say and you bring nothing to this forum. You have no amusing anecdotes, no tasty service and you are obnoxious.

Just out of interest, when you were finally sacked, whst was your leaving gift from the mess? Anything of value?

Latest Threads