Army: We let down Iraq troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Proximo, Nov 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. By Mark Townsend in The Grauniad:

Too little, too late. The damage has been done, and morale has taken a knock accordingly.

How about actually fulfilling certain promises about 'duty of care', 'innocent until proven guilty' and other well-worn aphorisms?

Or is it that this government of mealy-mouthed hypocrites and back-stabbers only kowtow to criminals and anti-social elements - probably because they're the sorts of people they most closely resemble.

I also take issue with the byline claiming it is 'the Army' that has admitted fault and culpability - it isn't - it's more hot air and white noise from the lickspittle Reid - a civilian who vcould never cut it in a green (or sandy) baggy suit.
  2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I am struck by the hypocrisy of the Attorney General's lack of confidence in COs dealing with inquiries, whilst his experience of military matters is, like so many of the government, nil.
  3. Hm, I see a door bolted shut, but hark a horse galloping across the field!!!

The army is very well able to look after it's own, as long as civvies with agendas keep they're noses out.

The only reason why any of these cases was brought was to offer the soldiers up as examples that we are a fair and just nation. Like a member of this site has said already, if they don't get you killed, they'll do you for war crimes.
  4. Why do you think that the sole occupation of our wonderful Members of Parliament is 'Barrister' / 'Solicitor'. You can count on the fingers of one foot how many aren't.