Army wanted to provide 6000 troops for Olympic security

Via FT.Com.

Good thing the Forces are not being cut to the bone, I suppose.

What are the other 12 meant to do? Couldn't they have just asked for everyone?

Dunno about the army but the RN is putting in a good few thousand to do security stuff here there and everywhere for this.

Someone's got to stag on car parks and hang round outside underground stations telling foreigners where the stadium is. Which is apparently the limit on what the Army will be doing unless you have a really sexy job that the security contractors can't provide.

Andy_S

LE
Book Reviewer
Why not hire A-Q for the job?

Dane-geld to the likeliest attackers would be both cheaper and safer, while allowing our brave lads and lasses to sit back and enjoy the spear throwing, foot races, leaping, etc, instead of mincing around the place looking menacing.

Edited to Add: Another important thought:
Dodgy looking bearded blokes roaming around in dish-dashes while toting Kalashnikovs, etc, would also reassure the world of the success of our multi-cultural policies.

(Ministers! You read it here first. And yes, I am available for consulting in all areas of national, foreign and security policy.)

Will they be clad in Osprey with a full weapons load out or just the bog standard riot gear?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The could be Op SEB-BORIS and be on the same lines as Op TOSCA.

Will they get a medal :)

I'm sure the Army don't want to.

and the planning conducted by HQ LONDIST, one shudders at the thought.
They'll be in nice straight lines, though!

E

EScotia

Words already out that it takes priority over all other annual camps for the TA and its also been put about that they will be mobilised :muhaha: (I thought a Queens Order was required for that)

They have also been told they will be litter picking along with other shitty jobs.

Litter picking, car park directing and generally doing shit jobs lead to people signing off; that's cheaper than redundancy packages.

Whatever will the population at large (both the home and away flavours) think of seeing their 'heroes' picking up gash? Or will the gash picking be done by night shifts so nobody sees the dirty little secret of poor contract writing and management leading to soldiers doing all the work the contractor is being paid for..?

and the planning conducted by HQ LONDIST, one shudders at the thought.
We'll be the smartest dressed NCP attendants in the history of the world.

Words already out that it takes priority over all other annual camps for the TA and its also been put about that they will be mobilised :muhaha: (I thought a Queens Order was required for that)

They have also been told they will be litter picking along with other shitty jobs.
It's a leave ban for the Regs as well, apparently. It might even be that even REN leave won't get you out of it.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
soooo...... the 2 million unemployed doing bugger all for thier jobseekers allowance cant do this because ?
Small flaw in your plan: They actually want it doing. Your plan would result in it not getting done.

soooo...... the 2 million unemployed doing bugger all for thier jobseekers allowance cant do this because ?
Don't be silly that would a blatant breach of their human rights. The ones about sitting on there fat usless oxygen stealing, benifit vampire arrse, and doing feck all.

Anyway, it would take a generation to weed out the defective gene's that cause the condition, or a cattle prod. Or a heavy blunt object.