Army Vs Navy 2010

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by ugly, Apr 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Still at todays date no info on unit bars, how the feck are those of us out for so long supposed to get pissed up if there is no info?
    Also how do you get a wristband or does that comne with the ticket?
  2. get your wrist band from the relevant Corps Sec.

Ex-Sappers were invited to submit their requests for tickets/wristbands a few months back.

serving soldiers get their tickets through the Rugby Officer of their Regt, depending on who you are, how quickly you pay up, and how many your particular unit has been given for distribution.
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

My regiment sadly no longer exists and I certainly dont remember us having a tent there in the past. Sadly I would have to approach the Rifles now but how, through the Rifles office or approach RHQ?
  4. Most units are selling them with the tickets, you'll have to get someone in the loop to sort you out with one.
  5. Not sure if the Rifles have a tent tbh but you can buy tickets on the day. RHQ Rifles should be able to point you in the right direction.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have e mailed the Rifles London office. I was offered tickets last year by a siggie snco neighbour but turned hime down. I dont think I will get a second chance!
    Damn even a pish up with the siggies is better than none!
  7. I'm sure this attitude will see your tix magically flying towards you as I type.

If only Twickenham had pubs.
  8. Twickers has some decent pubs. 3 worth mentioning are : The Bear, The Grand Union, and the Twickenham Tup.
    2 others kind of worth mentioning; The Eel Pie and The Barmy Arms ...

Knock yourself out.
  9. Got my ticket and wrist band to the Sapper Tent, all the allocation for the RE tent has gone so unless you can get one through your relevant association chances are you have missed out on this years
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

yup, I never managed to be in the UK during my service for matches so to go now would be nice. Still not planning on dying for a while yet so there is always next year!
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have and can go to decent pubs anytime, it would be nice to catch a beer with those who carry forward the traditions I strived to maintain (Regtl motto we would ratherfeck than fight). :D
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I cant believe you arent a little sad at your mob being amalgamated especially as we are apparently 3 to 5 Bns short of infantry if you read the current affairs threads about the GRC's
    Anyway I have been put onto the Occifer in Salisbury who looks after regtl sporting events etc so I may have some joy! :?
    My scaley stab neighbour didnt apply (jack of him :oops: ) for tickets this year!
    That saved me drinking with the bleeps though!
  13. As proud as I was of being RGJ, I am in no doubt that The Rifles are holding up the finest traditions of all amalgamated capbadges - even the Arfurs.

Not having a go but the only people that seem to bemoan the passing of the former Regiments are those who are no longer in.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well seeing how the previous bout happened just after I was born it would be difficult to moan about those wouldnt it but I certainly recall the old sweats from the SCLI wishing the regt still existed and no doubt those left over from the amalgamation before wished they had still existed too!
    The point was it is a pity that I cant get in touch with my old regtl assoc to arrange tickets. It seems also from conversing with the London and Salisbury offices that neither regt in the Light Div enjoyed the use of Twickenhams facilities and this is continued by the new regt. Its a tradition I would be happy to see ended. I know for a fact that my Bn was mad on rugby, provided some players every year to the Army teams and was well thought of by the Welsh even. It seems odd that with 5 reg Bns we dont seem to have a presence there or we are keeping quiet about it!
    Sad really. I know Ops take priority but sports help forge the regtl spirit!
    Anyway I now have the Army Rugby office details so if anyone wants tickets pm me for details.
    I wonder if the D&D's or Derrs/Glos ever had a tent there?
  15. Good. Tickets for the Corps Bar are always in short supply, and I'd be miffed if current or ex members of the Corps would be denied a ticket because some ungrateful non Corps member was in there - and not being grateful of the fact. Enjoy your day standing in the road outside the Patch.