Army vs Navy 2010 - RLC Tent

Discussion in 'RLC' started by whingeingpom, Jul 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Planning has started for next year's events at Twickenham and one option is to have a live band to do two sets of 45-60 mins, perhaps at 1300 and 1730. It was tried previously without too much success but the band provisionally booked are an awesome covers group.

What do people think about having a band in the tent?

Will it impinge on group reunions and the chat, or can we work round that?
  2. Personally I think it's good that people are thinking about how to improve the Corps tent experience but I reckon a live band may be a non-starter. You say a live band was tried before? Does anyone know the reason given for dropping it?

The best part about the whole day is catching up with old muckers and taking the piss. Loud music would inevitably make this harder to do.

I reckon the DRLC should take to the stage as a one man band or stand up comedian! :lol:

Oh, and planters for grown ups! :wink:

3. The tent is normally packed full of people catching up with old muckers. My concern also would be about whether people really want to be deafened when trying to have a conversation. This year we were lucky with the weather,so plenty of people were outside in the sun. However,when it is pissing down,would you like to be the group trying to converse while stood next to the band's speakers?
    If entertainment has to be provided,and i do not think that it does,then put some seniors in some stocks and provide rotten tomatoes. Well,it would be funny!
  4. Get some advice from the sappers as they generally seem to have some sort of live entertainment in their tent.

Louder the better in my opinion. Motorhead perhaps as it may drown out all the career laughs.

I wont be there anyway as I will be hiding in a corner in Bastion.
  5. I'm new to the corps, so wouldn't mind coming down & having a look around.

I think you have to look at this from a Saturday Night out perspective, lots of people start out at a Wetherspoons cos there's no music so you can catch up on the weeks events & have a laugh with mates, which is exactly from the sounds of things what people do in the tent. A band makes it impossible to do this.

How about cooking Demos from some of the corps top chefs or something along this line.... gives a something to look at with a few little nifty tricks & produces an end result that the audience can chow down, win win situation to me.
  6. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

So long as the band is better than the bobbins jazz band I've seen previously in there. Yes, Motorhead would be a perfect choice.
  7. Now now. No need for that.

Anyway, they will all be on a chit with cold weather injuries at that time of the year.
  8. Agree with the other posters about choonage getting in the way with catching up with old mates, but if you want to use a band to provide a laugh, some atmosphere and a general good time try here-

Honestly, they're f ucking mint!

edited for mong spelling
  9. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Why oh why have the AGC sent flyers out to a RLC unit and nothing has been seen yet from the RLC?

Anyone want to infiltrate the AGC?
  10. There is an AGC Bint I would happily infiltrate!

On reflection there are quite a few but I never have been fussy.
  11. Try the flyer's been on there since before Christmas. The link was sent around unit Rugby Offrs and Adjts etc also before Christmas but didn't get into the 'Stainer.
  12. Consider it done...
  13. Do you think that it might be possible to have that really, really striking Corps ident banner in pride of place again?

14. Thats because they dont want the rugby ball throwing proles there anymore. Have you not got your personal invite yet?