Army videos that wind you up the most

Up there with you, I was in Belfast as well at the time and heard the call to stay back over the net. Furious with top bods at the time as we wanted to get in and get the lads out. Dark thoughts all round whenever we went out after that.
Wanted to shoot the fecking lot of em!

i cant watch you tube on the work computer ...gutted

Remember watching the footage at 11 Sigs on the Troop Telly 2 days before we passed off. Was a sad day for the Corp. Poor buggers what a shite way to go.

chimera

LE
Lance_corp_more_rant said:
Up there with you, I was in Belfast as well at the time and heard the call to stay back over the net. Furious with top bods at the time as we wanted to get in and get the lads out. Dark thoughts all round whenever we went out after that.
An interesting point of view. I was also there at the time, and at the immediate time of the incident it was not realised that they were soldiers. Michael Stone had attacked a PIRA funeral previously, and it was thought they were a couple of PPMs.

I ALSO REMEMBER THIS VERY CLEARLY..
i was at the depot in Ballymena tormenting the QM in the officers mess..
he pointed at the tv and stated what the f-ck is going on there..

HE WOULD NEVER SIT WITH THE OFFICERS ( A MAJ BUT STILL ONE OF THE LADS..

Wasn't around at the time, but wow, you know I kinda wish you lot shot the fuc.kers. I hope the cnuts that did that, and all who support them burn in hell.

Night_Turn said:
hedgie said:
Isnt or wasnt one of those bastards Gerry Adams body guard.

Terrence Clarke. I think he's dead now.
He sure is. :lol:

Terence Clarke, the chief steward on the day, was sentenced to seven years for assaulting Corporal Wood. Clarke had served as Gerry Adams' bodyguard, and died of cancer in 2000.
Thanks for that Mister C. :D

mistersoft said:
Night_Turn said:
hedgie said:

Terence Clarke, the chief steward on the day, was sentenced to seven years for assaulting Corporal Wood. Clarke had served as Gerry Adams' bodyguard, and died of cancer in 2000.
I remember watching it as a kid i hope the provo cnut suffered before he snuffed it

I happened to mention the video to a girl I know, bear in mind this is in SA..
Apparently I am a racist Nazi and should go join Hitler.
Apparently the IRA was the only hope of salvation and peace for the Irish and also, according to her, the British oppresed the Irish.
Now this from a 14 year old SOUTH AFRICAN girl, who, and I quote,
"I desend from irish royalty so belive me i knw what the f]uck im talkin about?'
Now I don't pretend to know everything that happened, but I've read enough to know that the IRA were responsible for MANY attrocities against irishmen, especially Protestants.

What really angers me, is when people call me a racist bastard, and then set about on a tirade about how the IRA are heroes, completely without facts, and attacking me personally, because I'm proud of the fact that my Passport says I am a Citizen of the United Kingdom, if someone want's to debate the finer points of NI history, let them, but when their sole source of knowledge is being "Irish Royalty"....

(6:33:25 PM) Nicole: U a nazi racist bastard! The ira fought for the freedom for the irish! I desend from irish royalty so belive me i knw what the fuck im talkin about? So basicaly ur offending my family and me! Go join hitla, because u not knwin ur facts makes u just as good. The irish were apressed by the british, and the ira was the only hope of salvation and freedom the irish eva had!
(6:45:04 PM) Nicole: Ok u litle fuck get this be4 u start thinking that ur puss of a life fall apart. Fucknut what u have writen is rasism so cunt y dont u take it the fuck off grow a dick and read up ur facts u british puss and may u enjoy ur pomi fucked up life and knw that i think pixi shit more intreeging than u. Oh an another thing dickless boy shove ur spastc head up ur british familys ass because u have no morals if thats ur mind set and u nt worth being seen!
She deleted me after my reply
Atleast I can hold my head up high and say my family isn't murdering scum, atleast I can say my people don't rape and torture people because of differing belief's, and atleast I make an effort to know what Im talking about, the fact that you have to attack me personally is proof that you don't know what actually happened in NI and you have to make up for that by pretending that you're so awesome, you are a plastic paddy, you aren't Irish, you are a wannabe, so go learn a little bit about "your" history before you attempt to debate whether or not the IRA are terrorists, YOU are the one who should get your facts right.

I know I shouldnt get worked up, and that I'm likely to get done over by you guys, but It's close to my heart, especially after seeing that video, the worst thing is that ignorant people claim all this knowledge due to some little Irish connection.

joey_deacons_lad said:
mistersoft said:
Night_Turn said:
hedgie said:

I remember watching it as a kid i hope the provo cnut suffered before he snuffed it
Looks like it was cancer so the chances are he did. :D

chimera said:
An interesting point of view. I was also there at the time, and at the immediate time of the incident it was not realised that they were soldiers. Michael Stone had attacked a PIRA funeral previously, and it was thought they were a couple of PPMs.
Initial view was that it was a couple of protestant para military types.
The choppers in the air did a plate check and came back as one of ours.
The funeral march was being observed from a distance as the area had been deemed off limits and a potential riot/flashpoint.

Initial view was that it was a couple of protestant para military types.
The choppers in the air did a plate check and came back as one of ours.
The funeral march was being observed from a distance as the area had been deemed off limits and a potential riot/flashpoint.
Best we agree to differ. But I recall only one heliteli covering that march, which focused on the guys being taken away, not the car. The City top cover Gz sat too high to read a plate on GOA. In any case in the late 80s a VENGEFUL check on an HQNI car would have come back as "details not held", not specifically SF. If I recall correctly the nearest multiple that could have reacted was in Whiterock.

"Best we agree to differ. But I recall only one heliteli covering that march, which focused on the guys being taken away, not the car. The City top cover Gz sat too high to read a plate on GOA. In any case in the late 80s a VENGEFUL check on an HQNI car would have come back as "details not held", not specifically SF. If I recall correctly the nearest multiple that could have reacted was in Whiterock."

Whiterock was the only place closest with a multiple that could of reacted.
MPH was over the M1 and only had HQ personnel there who didn't go out on foot patrol unless volunteering to give other satellite stations support.
As you say we will agree to differ on the heli support and info on the net. :)