Army Veterans Wanted for TV Interview

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by joa06ca, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My name is Chris Anstey and I'm looking for some Army Veterans ideally from the South Yorkshire area who would be willing to appear in a short documentary about the problems soldiers face when they return to Britain.

Feel free to email me or private message me if you're interested.

Chris

2. Chris,

who do you work for, what is the outcome, what is the angle, are you a researcher, producer, freelance looking for work?

Its not nice to not to introduce yourself correctly,

3. Beaten to it.....

Have you done any work like this in the past?

4. Journalism student it says. The next Pearce Morgan maybe?

5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

More importantly, have the Co's and Mods been asked?

6. Hopefully not the next pierce morgan. Yes I'm a lowly journalism student at the University of Sheffield and as part of our course we are required to make an 8 minute news feature on the topic of our choice, something unique that you feel the public would be interested in hearing about. I have friends who have been soldiers and have found it difficult to reintegrate into society so I thought that this was a good subject.

There are no plans for the work to be broadcasted anywhere but if the opportunity arose it would only happen with the expressed permission of subjects featuring in the documentary.

7. So soldiers aren't part of society then? A bit like sex offenders?

I know what you mean but if you're going to tackle this subject on film and don't want to appear to have an agenda, you'll have to think a bit more carefully about how you frame your comments.

Edited to add: Try to get hold of a copy of 'Soldier, Solider' by Tony Parker, published in the mid-1980s, for a masterclass in how to let soldiers tell their own stories.

8. Give my regards to Mr Paul Delmar,

9. Firstly I was not attempting to suggest that soldiers wern't part of society but merely that it could be difficult for soldiers to readapt to life in Britain after serving in the armed forces overseas. I apologise for the ambiguity.

Thankyou for the recommended Tony Parker book, I'll be sure to read it before conducting any interviews but at this early stage I'm only looking for people who may be interested in being interviewed for the feature.

If you know of anyone or if you yourself are interested than feel free to contact me directly.

10. PM sent.

11. As you can see on this site they are really helpful! If you want a good contact PM me. I know what you are doing and why in the past I had a guy in a similar position produce an 8 minute CD for BLESMA at no cost to the charity as a part of his course material.

If this critical lot have put you off your original idea you might want to make a film promoting an Ex Services Charity and the work they do for Veterans particularly those who find it difficult to settle in Civvy street. It is a fact the majority of service personnel despite serving in the current conflicts have no problem settling once they leave the service. Though there is an handful who do.

Whatever you decide don't let the critics put you off. If it is the next step in developing your career move forward.