Army Veterans Facing murder charges over Bloody Sunday within two weeks

you seem terribly vexed about the interminable internal IRA factional feuding.
Except some of the murders were not internal were they? The naughty little criminals that they are.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
you seem terribly vexed about the interminable internal IRA factional feuding.
You think murderers should go unpunished ?

the world is a much better place without Andrew Kearney
Thats very good of you to decides who should be murdered or not.
Whats your feeling on Robert McCartneys murder that happened in the nice peace that Marty made happen.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
We've just seen a successful private prosecution of John Downey for the Hyde Park bombing which was pursued by the families of the murdered soldiers. In view of the fact that the b@stard got off as a consequence of that utter throbber Blair and his fcuking Corbyn like apologist letter, it is only fair that these lads should eb accorded the same rights - call it a sense of justice. If the micks want to pursue private prosecutions then so be it - they are entitled to, just like the families of the lads that were killed by Downey did.

You can not have one set of rules for one set of people and another set for the armed forces just because a set of metropolitan w@nkers gave a bunch of murdering b@stards and terrorists a clean sheet, ignoring knee capping, bombings, drug dealing, prostitution, murder, rape and all of the other wonderful things they carried out in pursuit of a united Ireland.
But they didn’t. The letters said at the time they weren’t being looked at for anything by anyone. But if circumstances changed and evidence was found that would be a different story.
Didn’t Villiers mention something about the fact that because recipients derived comfort from the letters in the past they should not rely on them in the future.

The very fact that the letters, thanks to Downey, have been exposed and made public it has greatly reduced their usefulness.
I can’t see too many of Downeys former comrades ticking their hands in their pockets to help him out.

But they didn’t. The letters said at the time they weren’t being looked at for anything by anyone. But if circumstances changed and evidence was found that would be a different story.
Didn’t Villiers mention something about the fact that because recipients derived comfort from the letters in the past they should not rely on them in the future.

The very fact that the letters, thanks to Downey, have been exposed and made public it has greatly reduced their usefulness.
I can’t see too many of Downeys former comrades ticking their hands in their pockets to help him out.
yep - I’ve been following all of the prosecutions of former IPRA, INLA etc members avidly in the press.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
If these two men had used their weapons and survived, today they would have stood in court accused of killing unarmed civilians, even though those same unarmed civilians were out to kill them
How many of these unarmed civilians have been brought to justice for aiding and betting a crime
ie, murder

An angry crowd surrounded the car, smashed the windows and attempted to drag the soldiers out. Wood produced a Browning Hi-Power 9mm handgun,[14] which each of the soldiers were armed with. Wood climbed partly out of a window and fired a shot in the air, which briefly scattered the crowd. The crowd then surged back, with some of them attacking the car with a wheel-brace and a stepladder snatched from a photographer. The corporals were eventually pulled from the car and punched and kicked to the ground.[15]
I doubt that. With hele tele evidence that they were indeed under sustained attack. They may have been in trouble if they’d fired numerous rounds into the backs of members of a fleeing crowd.
But it’s a moot point which bares little or no relation to any current prosecutions.
One in particular being the shooting of a mentally handicapped man, who was posing no threat.

Chimp

ADC
I think the Mail said that it would affect house prices.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
yep - I’ve been following all of the prosecutions of former IPRA, INLA etc members avidly in the press.
Yet there they were, once caught and convicted through due process of law and order. Where did they end up?

Those caught after the GFA, breaking the law. Are you insinuating they somehow got treated differently. That’s going to be news to those currently locked up in Meghaberry.

Yet there they were, once caught and convicted through due process of law and order. Where did they end up?

Those caught after the GFA, breaking the law. Are you insinuating they somehow got treated differently. That’s going to be news to those currently locked up in Meghaberry.
Did you spot something I’d not written? I must have missed it

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
They may have been in trouble if they’d fired numerous rounds into the backs of members of a fleeing crowd.
'Strewth yeah, they might have been put in prison !

Good job they were only beaten to fcuk and then shot to death, eh ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
"Does" - third person singular present of "do."

eg. Does the UK have many traitors hanged, drawn and quartered ?
Maybe not but can we make an exception for Blair?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Nope. Are you serious?
No problem.
I am slighly curious as to why you initially replied but it is not important.
Either that or we are talking at cross purposes.
To change the subject I found the ,'SAS Operation Storm, fascinating but one question.
The book describes the war as secret but I seem to recall a (Panorama) documentary on it about 1970 in which the 'colonel' of the SAS in Oman was interviewed.

No problem.
I am slighly curious as to why you initially replied but it is not important.
Either that or we are talking at cross purposes.
To change the subject I found the ,'SAS Operation Storm, fascinating but one question.
The book describes the war as secret but I seem to recall a (Panorama) documentary on it about 1970 in which the 'colonel' of the SAS in Oman was interviewed.
I think that one is on You Tube.

Latest Threads