Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Army veteran - £27k NHS Bill

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Would this be the same "mob" that used o discharge people under PAP10 months before they were entitled to a pension.

You'll forgive me if I'm suspicious about how much they were "told".
Very cynical. The same organisation that upped the rate of compulsory drug testing prior to the redundancy tranches :) And made people compulsory redundant months and sometimes days before they were eligible for a pension.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I would however suggest, the onus for immigration status is the responsibility of the immigrant, regardless of their contribution; but this does seem like an exceptional case.

That is what I was thinking. If he has been paying Income Tax and NI payments from his wages, he’s entitled.
It's not based on tax or NI contributions...it's on residency. So expats living in the sun are not normally entitled to unrestricted access to the NHS (save the exemption cited above)

Very cynical. The same organisation that upped the rate of compulsory drug testing prior to the redundancy tranches :) And made people compulsory redundant months and sometimes days before they were eligible for a pension.
Everyone is eligible for a pension (more or less); I think you mean IPP.

This chaps is the next Windrush scandal in the making; the HO are only interested in taking the fees for naturalisation and the do not go out of their way to assist Commonwealth service personnel. The MoD do not necessarily exert themselves either, but how many RCMOs have the knowledge to navigate their way around the Immigration Rules?

I would however suggest, the onus for immigration status is the responsibility of the immigrant, regardless of their contribution; but this does seem like an exceptional case.

Unless of course HMG actively go to his home country to recruit an individual, expect them to become an immigrant, and then promptly wash their hands when we're done with him?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
HMG did it to the Gurkhas until Saint Joanna of Lumley got involved.

There is a big Fijian community in the UK...

There seems to be big communities of just about every ****** in the UK. Fiji Bob should take himself to Dover and hang around on the beach until the Raddison courtesy bus turns up. Jobbedy jobbed.

HMG did it to the Gurkhas until Saint Joanna of Lumley got involved.

. . and Aldershot town center thanks her for her service

Would this be the same "mob" that used o discharge people under PAP10 months before they were entitled to a pension.

You'll forgive me if I'm suspicious about how much they were "told".

I do forgive you my friend, but after mere days of being in green ,you would have hoped that the Bod realized that the Mob lies #shockhorror, and as his time finished would have sussed out the rules himself or asked the relevant people , families Officer, friends, etc what the coup was.

Sleeves down.

I remember reading an account of a female RAF SAC or Corporal being made compulsory redundant just before reaching her 12 year point as they said she wasn't up to standard, but then she was good enough to be compulsory mobilised 18 months later when the great war lord Tony's wars kicked off.

Until the next one comes up. And the one after that, and then again. Its not as if this is the first. If the MOD is going to recruit from the third world, perhaps they need to get their act together. It didn't seem to happen when we recruited Australians, New Zealanders, Rhodesians etc.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
This chaps is the next Windrush scandal in the making; the HO are only interested in taking the fees for naturalisation and the do not go out of their way to assist Commonwealth service personnel. The MoD do not necessarily exert themselves either, but how many RCMOs have the knowledge to navigate their way around the Immigration Rules?

Not really RCMO responsibility, in unit should be the Resettlement NCO, who often may be the Assistant RCMO who should be briefing those who’ve given Notice on their future. Ultimately it’s the individual’s own responsibility to ensure they’ve planned and prepared properly for the future.

Latest Threads