Army v Navy, which bar?

Discussion in 'REME' started by animalfromthemuppets, Mar 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not the same s**te as last year surely, cold and drafty etc, anyone know yet?
  2. Can't remember much about last years... as usual!
  3. We've got the "Ruck and Maul Bar" again and the "Scrum Bar" again. Disappointing I know, especially when its over due we have the marquee.
  4. Fella's if you don't like it, volunteer to run it next year. If not then please don't bitch from afar. I was part of the planning team that put us in the Ruck and Maul and the Scrum bar, which by the way we have never been in before. There are no marquee's big enough to accomodate us this year, remember that Twickers is undergoing a refurb, and I've already received 1700 applications for tickets without it being advertised n the Craftsman. If you take it in to context, we have a capacity of 4100 REME bar tickets this year as opposed to 2400 last year and only 1000 for the Rose Room the year before. Hopefully that means that everyone who applies will get to go in a REME bar.

Oh and by the way, if it's cold, wear a jacket. Not rocket science is it?
  5. Hats off to you Sparks, it is a thankless task.

That told you Jockster, bit like the naked Gibraltar Regt clerk did in Worthy Down? eh? :lol:
  6. Aye mate, he was way off the mark as well( luckly for him )
  7. PS.
    Not knocking your efforts Sparky, getting space for 4100 of us is great work, just wish we could be all together for a change thats all. I'll certainly get you a pint in for your hard work mate.
  8. Ive still got about 300 tickets and wristbands for the Corps bar with scope to get more if there's demand. If you would like any PM me with your details or get this months Crafty mag and follow the instructions.
  9. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Just to let you know guys, the Sigs corps bar has a marquee ever year. Due to health and safety regs they are only allowed to sell 1100 tickets. They are normally pretty much a lottery and have been known to change hands for a handsome price
  10. Well happy with an outside bar again this year. It means i won't fall over when i hit the fresh air outside as i will already be in the fresh air drinking like a loony!!!
    2 years ago match day was one of the hottest days in May, last year it was sunny but windy, sh1t happens. If you drink enough you won't feel the breeze. Hopefully it's going to be a corker!!!!!

Cheers Sparky fella
  12. And this weeks Roger Irrelevent news award goes too......"IS Ski Geek".

The Sigs bar is full because they only ask for a 1100 capacity bar. We sold 2400 tickets and bands last year, Im currently on 2500 now and am hoping for a final push once Easter is out of the way. We have the largest capacity this year, 2 bars with 4100 people in them. This means that everyone who wants a band gets one and cuts out on the lottery bit.
  13. Happy days.

Looking forward to feeling like sh1t on Sunday morning.
  14. This is my first and looking forward to getting arrse holed.
  15. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Sparky8 - could you clarify a quick point for me? last year there were various armbands issued, ones for the main bar, ones for the overspill bar, and there were also different colours for pre+post game. Can you confirm that this year the wristband is a free-for-all for both REME bars, both pre and post game?

Also pm'd, cheers