Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by amsrugby, Feb 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In addition to writing to units etc, I thought would post here that I have the AMS allocation of tickets for the Army v Navy on 5 May at Twickenham. Tickets are priced at a total of £25 each - £20 for the ticket (E or W stand) & £5 for the bar entry wristband, live music in the bar and the chance to meet old friends and new.

I have also managed to acquire a stadium bar for the sole and exclusive use of the AMS. Not sure if this is a first, but it is certainly a step in the right direction.

Any profits made from the sale of the AMS ticket allocation will be paid into the AMS Sports Union for use by the AMS Rugby Squad.

Any past or present members of the AMS who are interested can contact me on 01296 656853 for further details.

Yours In Rugby
  2. Good lad - top trick

'all hail to the ale'
  3. do fanys count please?
  4. Why have the AMS tickets gone up to £25, I know the bands are on top of the ticket.
    Normally cost's £18 + £2 for band :frustrated:

Have you got a Mil phone number?

I have been advertising in my Reg £20 including bands as per previous years (obviously I jumped the GUN!! ) :sweatdrop:
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Nice to see the AMS ahead of the game!
  6. Thanks for the question. The RFU/ARU face value of a ticket this year is £20 and we have added £5 on, in discussion with the committee, for the price of the wristband, the live music we have booked for the "AMS only" bar both before and after the match, and anything else I can do to enhance the day. Any cash that may be left over, no matter how small will go into the AMS Sports Union coffers. Hope this helps
    Mil number is 95237 6853- happy to discuss any aspect of the event on the phone.
    Yours In Rugby
  7. youre quibbling over a fiver!!

but this year its in a bar - not a chilly willy tent

lucky they didnt put the price up higher. STAND FAST that man!
  8. Just being nosy. Im wondering what bar you have got inside the ground.
    We (The RLC) had the ruck and maul bar about 3 years ago i think and it was shocking! like a wind tunnel and no atmosphere, I hope you havnt got that one as you will be disapointed.
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Any RLC bar would lack atmosphere, the AMS could have a rave up in a phone box!
  10. Where's Scooby??
  11. Mate I was being serious. The one we had wasnt actually a bar, just a concourse really with a huge bar along it.
    We went back to the huge marquee concept and it certainly works better for us.
    But I suppose your fed up with tents, seeing as thats all you do. Put them up, then take them down!
  12. Only 3 years behind the RLC, but im sure it will be a great day.
  13. Ah sweet memories! The AMS tent at Twickers! Where better to get completed blasted and put your career on the line with a few unsubtle comments!

Bring it on!
  14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The day the AMS is behind the RLC is when the RLC are retreating.
  15. Umm - Here???