Army v Navy Rugby.  Saturday

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by GunnersQuadrant, Apr 30, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

I am going to the match on saturday to watch the annual drubbing of the Navy. I will promote this site with a t-shirt with this sites name on the back, so if you want to chat come over.  I apologise for my drunkeness now,  however if you want to join in , please.    Anyone coming??[​IMG]
  2. Yes, I'll be there.
    There's also a load coming from 12 Regt Wksp and 1 LI LAD.
    We'll be the drunk ones ;D
  3. Nice to see the spanners will be there. If the Navy start winning, perhaps we can deploy you lot to bore them into submission.  ;D
  4. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

GQ/Nige et al, I'll be there propping up the bar at the Rugby Tavern from 12-ish before sampling the delights of the RLC bar (actually, the band were quite good last year).

If you are going to wear your t-shirt head over to the Rugby Tavern (left as you come out of the station) I'll look out for you.

Anyone seen the daft wrist bands you need to get into the bars in the ground? Ours is red and white...blergh
  5. Wot you going to the Tavern for?, that's where the loitering gay bar lodger Navy hang out.  Get yerselves over to the 'Patch!
  6. GunnersQuadrant

The Gunners drinking pit is in the North stand,   OH and i believe that everybody will be the drunken ones.  We had a lad sent to the glasshouse for streaking the line threes years ago
  7. GunnersQuadrant

He did give the correct number, rank and name though.  it is not as if you can ask the streakers for their ID cards is it?? :eek:
  8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I'll be there too - watch out for  a small red bloke with yellow teeth, long finger nails surrounded by loads of chicks!

Oh apart from the loads of chicks bit.

And the rest
  9. Will be there, my 0A c/s is bringing many single chicks.  Just watch for hairy bloke with red arrse.
  10. GunnersQuadrant

What a day out.  For those of you who have not had the score yet it was 18 - 13 in the armys favour.  unforunatly we ran outof beer on the motorway there and was unable to get into fleet services due to the rugby traffic.  And we were nearly arrested two minutes off the coach for lagging on the bushes near the carpark. Nice to see that the rmps briefing of no prepaid alcohol in the car park was adheared too.  And what was that "no womens clothing" all about?       What a day   I am still in bits.
  11. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

GQ...'Fraid I didn't see you, however I did see:

* Two guys dressed a the Tweenies
    * Two Roman Centurions
    * Really ugly blokes in drag as school girls
    * A gorilla
    * The ship's company of HMS Something-or-other with Viking Helmets with their rank/appointment painted on incase they forgot who they were
    * Someone ripping the pi$$ out of cav officers with a blue blazer and bright pink tousers (and who insisted on playing a bugle throughout the RLC tent)
    * Lots of mates I haven't seen in ages!!!!!

A good day out with copious amounts of beer drunk.
  12. GunnersQuadrant

The two centurions were sat in the East "Sunny" stand quite close.   If you were there i was the one gobbing off about "flares and the navys replacement being "Midshipman Horatio Hornblower" at the top of my voice.  Shame the female streaker was pulled down so early in the second half.
  13. Female streaker ahhhh !!!!!,bet she was a minger anyhow!!!!! ;D
  14. GunnersQuadrant

She was the only one to get onto the pitch.   The others in the west stand were caught before they even got to the first barrier
  15. Having not been to the A v N game for a few years, it was really sad to see that the fun police have taken over.  Nice RMP chap even told me not to get too drunk and take clothing off!  And what the hell has happened to the beer tents.  Stupid bloody wrist tags that stop you visiting mates in other Arms and Corps bars, or hosting said mates in your own bar.  Seeing people without (or wrong) wrist tags (but obviously member of unit) being turned away by some half-wit civi security guard pissed me off as the lads (and lasses) are the ones who have paid to see the match and support the sides in the first place.  (Hmm - Security!  I suppose that if one were really desperate for a drink one could wear a rugby top or regimental blazer and tie from another unit!!!).  In the unlikely situation that the person who is responsible for organising the fiasco  actually visits this site...STOP ARRSING ABOUT AND GET IT SORTED!!.  

Rugby was all right sup'ose.  Too much kicking and not enough running with the ball.  Could have been worse - the Navy might have won.  :)

Damn...broken another soap box, must go....

Wanders into the distance muttering under breath etc.