• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Army v Navy Rugby.  Saturday

I am going to the match on saturday to watch the annual drubbing of the Navy. I will promote this site with a t-shirt with this sites name on the back, so if you want to chat come over.  I apologise for my drunkeness now,  however if you want to join in , please.    Anyone coming??

Yes, I'll be there.
There's also a load coming from 12 Regt Wksp and 1 LI LAD.
We'll be the drunk ones ;D

Nice to see the spanners will be there. If the Navy start winning, perhaps we can deploy you lot to bore them into submission.  ;D

GQ/Nige et al, I'll be there propping up the bar at the Rugby Tavern from 12-ish before sampling the delights of the RLC bar (actually, the band were quite good last year).

If you are going to wear your t-shirt head over to the Rugby Tavern (left as you come out of the station) I'll look out for you.

Anyone seen the daft wrist bands you need to get into the bars in the ground? Ours is red and white...blergh

Wot you going to the Tavern for?, that's where the loitering gay bar lodger Navy hang out.  Get yerselves over to the 'Patch!

The Gunners drinking pit is in the North stand,   OH and i believe that everybody will be the drunken ones.  We had a lad sent to the glasshouse for streaking the line threes years ago

He did give the correct number, rank and name though.  it is not as if you can ask the streakers for their ID cards is it?? :eek:

I'll be there too - watch out for  a small red bloke with yellow teeth, long finger nails surrounded by loads of chicks!

Oh apart from the loads of chicks bit.

And the rest

What a day out.  For those of you who have not had the score yet it was 18 - 13 in the armys favour.  unforunatly we ran outof beer on the motorway there and was unable to get into fleet services due to the rugby traffic.  And we were nearly arrested two minutes off the coach for lagging on the bushes near the carpark. Nice to see that the rmps briefing of no prepaid alcohol in the car park was adheared too.  And what was that "no womens clothing" all about?       What a day   I am still in bits.

GQ...'Fraid I didn't see you, however I did see:

* Two guys dressed a the Tweenies
* Two Roman Centurions
* Really ugly blokes in drag as school girls
* A gorilla
* The ship's company of HMS Something-or-other with Viking Helmets with their rank/appointment painted on incase they forgot who they were
* Someone ripping the pi$$ out of cav officers with a blue blazer and bright pink tousers (and who insisted on playing a bugle throughout the RLC tent)
* Lots of mates I haven't seen in ages!!!!!

A good day out with copious amounts of beer drunk.

The two centurions were sat in the East "Sunny" stand quite close.   If you were there i was the one gobbing off about "flares and the navys replacement being "Midshipman Horatio Hornblower" at the top of my voice.  Shame the female streaker was pulled down so early in the second half.

She was the only one to get onto the pitch.   The others in the west stand were caught before they even got to the first barrier

Having not been to the A v N game for a few years, it was really sad to see that the fun police have taken over.  Nice RMP chap even told me not to get too drunk and take clothing off!  And what the hell has happened to the beer tents.  Stupid bloody wrist tags that stop you visiting mates in other Arms and Corps bars, or hosting said mates in your own bar.  Seeing people without (or wrong) wrist tags (but obviously member of unit) being turned away by some half-wit civi security guard pissed me off as the lads (and lasses) are the ones who have paid to see the match and support the sides in the first place.  (Hmm - Security!  I suppose that if one were really desperate for a drink one could wear a rugby top or regimental blazer and tie from another unit!!!).  In the unlikely situation that the person who is responsible for organising the fiasco  actually visits this site...STOP ARRSING ABOUT AND GET IT SORTED!!.  

Rugby was all right sup'ose.  Too much kicking and not enough running with the ball.  Could have been worse - the Navy might have won.  :)

Damn...broken another soap box, must go....

Wanders into the distance muttering under breath etc.

2 years ago the RLC had the North Try Line Bar. One old boy who had served man and boy in the RASC and RCT was turned away at the door by the RMP. One of my mates collared the Corps RSM who tore the RMP a new one for being so stupid and went out of his way to host said distinguished gentleman.

That was the same year that the RMP decided to close down all of the bars about 1/2 an hour after the final whistle for being a bit too busy.

Agree, the "swingers" are a total nonesense. The thing with the game is that there is never any real drama at the game because it is entirely self-regulating. Typically the fun police go way over the top and insist on ruining things for us all.

Was at the game (well, most of it!) and thought the rugby was awful, despite the win. Obviously the most frustrating bit was the organised chaos revolving around the bar access, which was p*ss poor to say the least.
I remember going a couple of years ago when there was freedom of movement around all the Corps tents and I can't remember seeing trouble, overcrowding or redcaps getting in the way of people having fun! So why the change??
Anyway, for those who didn't make the Clapham Grand for a "swing your pants" session afterwards, you should be in the Navy!! 8)

Heads up, orders look in........

Did anyone see those smug b4st4rd5 with the orange fencing at the end of the game? I suppose it was to hold back the hoards of pitch invaders.......my 4rse!

I wondered how these shock-death-stormtroopers from hell would have been paid for but then I worked it out.

1.  OK, we're in London, but I don't expect to que an hour for a for a £2.50 wobbly pint of badgers p155 and have the shutters slammed in my face by a poison dwarf bar manager 10 minutes early.

2.  Apparently, more of the a/m hole dwellers urine is consumed at the Army vs Navy game than on a 70,000 capacity 5-nations final.

I've been going to the A/N for 5 years now and each year we have had our drinking venues downgraded.

The first year my corps had a huge marquee with the corps band in support and beer bought by a ticket system.

The following 2 years we had a large hall that soon got stuffy with all the hot air being generated by the lads

Last year we had a 2 small marquees apart from each other, half the blokes didn't know the other half were at the game!

This year we had the draughty concrete sh1t bar that was cordoned off so that only half the people with the right coloured wrist band could get in.  Why sell 3,000 bands if the bars not big enough in the first place?

Why are we not allowed to go over to other units bars?
I've only seen one bit of trouble in 5 years of attendance and that was 2 matelots wifes trying to pull each others hair out, (probably fighting over the last pint of rusty drain water for sale)

Enough of the ranting but I think it's time that the RFU wised up to the fact that the Rugby is only 5% of the days entertainment, I'm sure that we could have more of a crack if the game was hosted at Knellar hall or somewhere where the fun police can't interfere with next years land speed drinking record.

LOL about the orange fencing.   I think the Booze fest record was broken anyway (in the coaches on the way there)  ;).  Why was i only allowed to take two beers into the stands??   I had to drink 2 in the tunnel before i could take my seat.  (speed drinking, shouting Army Army Army and blowing kisses at the RMPs gets you a telling off and pointing out as a "potential").