Army v Navy - is it worth it?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by smudge67, Mar 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After the last 3 years being a complete waste of time with regards to shite rugby matches, I'm not sure if I'm gonna go this year. I'll probably travel up to Richmond, Twickers area and get on it, but put the cash that I'd normally spend on the ticket towards my booze fund.

I left half way through the match last year, as it was gash.

Others have said the same, and are contemplating missing the match. It's shown on TV now, so any pub will show it :)

The REME bar has progressively got worse also. I remember a while back, when we blagged the Rose Room, and it was good, since then, it's been downhill. I'm not slating the guys that organise it, before Sparky8 pipes up ;)
  2. your problem is the wrong Corps bar, us Re boys don't go for the rugby...many don't attend..all about the wristband to the chosen land!!
  3. since when does anyone go to watch the match??
  4. I don't know why you go either; You're shiite at rugby and can't drink to save your life! :)
  5. But you need a ticket to the match to get inside the ground to the corps bar don't you????
  6. My point exactly
  7. The Slug made me go in the RE bar....i came out sober! Someone had to carry her to the coach and stop her squaring up to 7ft sailors in drag!
  8. Very true ;)
  9. Doesn't stop the Navy turning up though. :D
  10. More commonly referred to as Wrens! :lol:
  11. Oh, another point. The beer at the stadium is always overpriced, and foul.
  12. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I'm going...mainly to catch up with people I don't see often...the buying a ticket at least means there is half a chance we'll see each other at the start (the tickets being in a block) after that who knows..

13. We just get a Judas and sup it the tent. Much cheaper and no queuing.
  14. I agree, CamleBaks etc all good. That's what I've always done, well, a pre-mix JD and coke.
  15. I havent watched the game for the last five years. But it is good to meet up in the corps bar before the game,then move onto the D of C during the game,before returning to the corps bar afterwards for a post match discussion.

As previously mentioned Smudge, your drinking skills need improving anyway. ;)