• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Army v Navy - is it worth it?

After the last 3 years being a complete waste of time with regards to shite rugby matches, I'm not sure if I'm gonna go this year. I'll probably travel up to Richmond, Twickers area and get on it, but put the cash that I'd normally spend on the ticket towards my booze fund.

I left half way through the match last year, as it was gash.

Others have said the same, and are contemplating missing the match. It's shown on TV now, so any pub will show it :)

The REME bar has progressively got worse also. I remember a while back, when we blagged the Rose Room, and it was good, since then, it's been downhill. I'm not slating the guys that organise it, before Sparky8 pipes up ;)

cheggarsRE said:
your problem is the wrong Corps bar, us Re boys don't go for the rugby...many don't attend..all about the wristband to the chosen land!!
But you need a ticket to the match to get inside the ground to the corps bar don't you????

The Slug made me go in the RE bar....i came out sober! Someone had to carry her to the coach and stop her squaring up to 7ft sailors in drag!

I'm going...mainly to catch up with people I don't see often...the buying a ticket at least means there is half a chance we'll see each other at the start (the tickets being in a block) after that who knows..

S_R

I havent watched the game for the last five years. But it is good to meet up in the corps bar before the game,then move onto the D of C during the game,before returning to the corps bar afterwards for a post match discussion.

As previously mentioned Smudge, your drinking skills need improving anyway. ;)

£20 plus a fiver for the wristband this year, did i read that right in the Corp rag?
I blagged my way onto a Navy special last year, got the whole shebang plus travel, barbq and booze there and back for £30 last year.
It's more of a social event than a match, I've often thought they could probably skip the match entirely with very little grumbling from the vast majority of the crowd 8)

I agree Taff, but you can guarantee the officials at Twickers would not be keen to let us all congregate there,without us paying to use the ground. Therefore we may as well have a match of some sort on.

smudge5611 said:
I agree Taff, but you can guarantee the officials at Twickers would not be keen to let us all congregate there,without us paying to use the ground. Therefore we may as well have a match of some sort on.
We could hold a sponsored streak, seems to be the main event anyway.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
smudge67 said:
I left half way through the match last year, as it was gash.
I'm sorry, I don't quite follow what you are saying? There is some sort of match at the Army v Navy?

I always thought it was just a giant drinking and fighting sesh. I've been going for 8 years now and haven't witnessed any form of sport except for skiffing.

Are you sure you are thinking of the correct event?

Latest Threads