Army v Navy 2010

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by rebel_with_a_cause, Mar 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All

Bit of help required. I am hoping to be back in UK in time for the annual event. Could someone PM the contact details of whoever it is that is doing the Int Corps Beer Tent this year.

Thanks in advance.

2. ordering beers in advance? why can't you just queue up like everybody else :D
  3. All units have reps for ticketing. If your unit does not please PM me and I can put you in touch with the relevant person.

The Corps tent will again be in Kneller Hall, but all those wanting to enter will require a wrist band which can be purchased at the same time as tickets for a pound.

The Sharron Elliott Trophy will be run at Chix the day before. It will be a great day if it's as good as last year. This year we are having an evening bash with a band and food.

Again, if you need any further details please PM me.
  4. I have every hope that I will be able to attend both for the first time ever...
  5. I am taking the wife and kids this year-a bit of a departure from previous outings. I might even remember the result. Hopefully the chap wearing the penguin suit with "Dip me in honey and feed me to the lesbians" on it will be in a different part of the ground!
  6. Some thieving bastard is charging £3 in Bulford

7. Or some enterprising future entrepreneur!
  8. "The French have no word for entrepreneur" G.W. Bush
  9. I think it's 4 quid for a wristband here!
  10. The Spring Migration of the sports and social club down the A 316 is an interesting study in social anthropology. Many of the species never actually get to see the Game. preferring to shelter beneath their umbrellas outside a low-rise block of flats.

So what causes them to congregate in this manner? Is it nothing more than a binge drinking session or is it more to do with male bonding?

Many sociologists ask why this type of male bonding can be so important, especially in the Army. What are the underlying causes behind "naked bar" and a desire to wear little black dresses?

Certainly there is some element of re-affirmation of one's masculinity, but why does this need only occur in certain groups? Some mens groups are content with spending a few days living in teepees, chanting, drumming and lighting fires. Research at St Aho University points to this form of drinking helping to lift inhibitions, revealing the inner- self. These groups are seen as a strong re-affirmation of the male gender, to the extent that there could be no doubt as to the masculinity of associated tribal activity that could include activities requiring high levels of strength and stamina: high-impact sports, herding cattle, riding motorcycles, growing moustaches, wearing black leather and invading Poland.

Academic research suggests that it would be highly unlikely to find anyone involved in this sort of group who had any doubts about their sexuality, was a woman-hater or found a certain homo-erotic frisson during, or in the margins of, such group sessions.

Going completely off-topic now: some of you may have noticed that there has been high demand for forthcoming courses at the London School of Surveillance LSS Link Not to worry, more courses are being planned this year.

74 Now?
  11. Adastra-this thread is about tradition (it is in the dictionary) and seeing as that this particular tradition (that word again) does not, nor ever will involve you or your bretheren kindly p!ss off!
  12. An interesting perspective. As a member of junior service, contantly being lectured About Naval History, Army Tradition and Airforce Customs, there is a touch of irony a foot here.

Although the junior of the three services, it has not escaped me that the Royal Air Force has been contiguously established for some 40 years longer than the Intelligence Corps.

In the wider context of space and time, a cap-badge specific 12 x12 shelter and a few slabs of beer in a car park off the A316, over the past few years, might be more properly called a recent custom. Once a custom had endured over say, a number of decades; such as trying to get subbordinates of the same sex into bed, then it might be more rightly called a tradition.
  13. What has this got to do with the Rugby?
  14. Sounds like the Blue job is jealous that he isn't invited.
  15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Admitted, but at least the Int Corps can consider themselves part of the Armed Services. :twisted: