ARMY v NAVY 2010 Sapper Bar

Last year there were literally thousands of sappers at the Army v Navy. I think they need to start to think about who gets tickets and wristbands. The word is at Waterbeach despite there being 2 regiments, Wks Gp Airfields HQ and HQ 12 Group there are only 250 tickets. Bear this in mind when The Cannon gets 20! Kinda takes the p155 doesn't it?
There are 3000 tickets allocated to serving Sappers and 2000 to ex Sappers. I think the serving Sappers have far more of a chance of getting one, proportionally.
Got mine. As I understand it last year when we were all put in the south stand the RSM passed it on that we were to sing the corps song. My arse... I think I was the only one giving it some. Maybe this year we can get the Mexican wave right.
Whilst not a sapper, I'll be going again as last year was good fun (had a family ticket so no beer :( ).

Want to start a pool as to how many streakers?
Got my 2 - I wonder if the bar will be f ucking closed for pretty much most of the afternoon again this year, takes the pee that you end up queueing at the other stadium bars, because the one you paid to get into is f ucking shut.

there, that's my whinge out of the way.
as far as i know most bars close during the match some open at half time then all are open post match for 3 hours,
i will confirm bar opening times tomorrow (i've got a mate down there)
MittMayo said:
Bar is closed from 14:30 until 16:30 :(
I haven't had the pleasure of visiting Twickers before (was due to go last year but the phuckin' porcelain pot God required all my bodily fluids in one hit at 0530m that morning so couldn't make it) I fully understand footie crowds being treated like sub humans sometime but is Twickers the same and you can't take anything in with you that can be lobbed?
A placcky bottle of pre-mixed Asbach and coke will be the order of the day if allowed!
I have a fairly good capacity for shorts but 2 pints and I'm hosing down the gents every five minutes! I'm sure I can last a couple of hours if need be but would much rather not.
Went to a Sydney v Wellington footie match in Sydney last year and the beer was flowing non stop from the official bars and as it was freezing (the nectar that is) I spent more time in the bogs than I would have liked!
That doesn't sound right.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Legs AGC, RAPTC and SASC 8
whingeingpom RLC 105
looney Sappers 2