Army v Navy 2008

Discussion in 'REME' started by sparky8, Dec 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and Gents the planning meeting has gone ahead and the news is that there is no change from last year.
    Ticket prices are £22.50 with wristband, £20 without. Concessionry tickets (family, junior & OAP)are to be bought through the ARU.
    We are once again in the North Terrace Tent. If you didn't go last year then it is a large improvement on the Ruck & Maul and Scrum bars of the previous two years. I raised the point that it took quite a while to get served at the bar, we should be getting an additional bottle bar in to compensate and to relieve the congestion.
    To reiterate a point from another thread, if you are planning on getting your tickets from another source, please don't pester me for wristbands, they are only available for those who have bought REME tickets.
    There will be an advert in the January addition of the Craftsman.All of my contact details are the same as last year but if you have any additional problems please feel free to PM me
  2. Good man Sparky.

Can someone make this a Sticky? There's always loads threads jump up asking about Tickets and Wristbands.
  3. Sparkster, what a good egg!! Me and Mrs 24A didn't go last year due to Med Man (damn the Army), tent idea sounds great and i'm already childishly giggling about how much money I'm going to spend :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  4. Good man Sparky,

I'm just sorry i can't make this years event.

5. Don't you worry about that my chunky mucker, I'll sort you out once you get back from the land of the blood diamonds!
  6. "makes mental note to read The Craftsmen"
  7. sparky8 - Do you recon they can carpet the tent this year. I ask for 3 reasons:
    1. My tender old tootsies were a bit sore from all those nasty stones until i reached that state of drunkeness we refer to as well leathered.
    2. I had to brush my loafers the next day to keep er indoors off my case.
    3. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - It was hard to find a bit of level ground to put the copious amounts of beer being passed around down in order to allow me to attempt to drown myself with beer!!

Cracking day out last year good to have us all in one place, long may it continue and thanks in advance for the work you will have to put in.
  8. Crackin Sparky8, missed it this year - cant wait for next!

9. 1 Your Tootsies are tender because you weigh 18 stone
    2 I always thought you were a little light in your loafers?!
    3 Drink it, dont drop it!!

(tee hee)

I'll ask mate, we'll just have to see what Twickenham Experience say
  10. As long as I am not sunning myself in 'the stan', I intent to be there! come on the Army!!!

11. Just to change my mind, a few of us might come over fo the weekend, it will be the most expensive weekend on the piss, but I'm sure we can afford it!!