Army twins retire after 100 years

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sunami, Jul 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It seems like 100 years ago that a fresh faced Lcpl Mistersoft got a bit of an ear bending courtesy of RSM James.

But it wasn't 100 years ago, it was only 28. :oops:

Happy retirement to them both.
  2. What a lovely story :)))
  3. Ron James was also my RSM and, whilst as fierce as any, was ultimately a fair man.

I was gobsmacked to find that, as AACA Secretary he remembered me and our infrequent meetings.
  4. We may know each other. I've been jailed by both of them.

All the best Ronnie & Jimmy!
  5. I agree. Had to wipe away a tear reading that.

Simply delightful.
  6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I have had dealings with Jimmy for 6 years and Ron for about 4.

Gleaming pair of blokes.

Good luck gents.
  7. I am the daughter of Jimmie and I know that Ron and Jimmie will be pleased to see your comments. Who is the person that has been jailed by them both?!

I also look forward to their book, now that they have retired, they might have time to start writing it!
  8. I don't know either of them,

but good luck to both.

And congratulations on completion of full service careers.

9. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Ron is a fine bloke, I wish him all the very best.

The Corps will remember him and benefit from his service for many a year.

I don't know his brother, but if you looks like Ron he is also ugly. :D
  10. Cracking careers and a century's worth of humour, wit and experience in very changing times. I hope the book's out soon and that they both make a substantial amount of cash out of it.
  11. Say hello to your dad one of the best officers I met in the Corps (for a TFI :D ) good luck to them both put your feet up you have earned it.
  12. Pass on my congratulations to them both!
  13. Ron James was one of the three finest RSM's I served with. Outstanding man in the Group that's the Hardest to join.
    Met his Brother on one occasion another fair man.
  14. I have had the pleasure of knowing 'the Mad Major' Jimmy James for the last two years. Whilst waiting for my medical discharge when it felt that there was no light at the end of the tunnel Jimmy was always there fighting my corner. He might be as mad as a bucket of frogs but he will be missed for the fantastic work that he has done for soldiers experiencing difficult times. They dont make them them like him anymore, unfortunately. A long and happy retirement to them both.