Army to RAF Officer

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Lord_Vetinari, Aug 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Can anyone tell me the correct paperwork needed to start the ball rolling with trying for a commission in the RAF?

    My CO apparently needs to give permission for the RAF to look at my CR's which is how it will all start but my admin office are struggling to find out the correct paperwork for me to submit.

    Many thanks.
  2. Speak to your desk officer at Glasgow.

    Incidentally, if you fancy it the following option still forms part of AGAIs. The sponsor is obviously on top of his job.

    1. There is a continuing requirement for officers to transfer to the Royal Army Ordnance Corps particularly at captain and junior major level. RAOC responsibilities preclude employing subalterns in many areas and transferees have been, and will remain, an important source of officer recruitment supplementing those officers commissioned direct into the Corps from RMAS.

    2. The RAOC offers the advantage of a military career with the possible opportunity to receive training which will be beneficial in civilian life.
  3. They only amended it from the RASC a few years ago - give him a chance :D
  4. Soldier_Why

    Soldier_Why LE Moderator

    Yeah, apparently you rock up to PSF and ask them, they will give it to you whilst the guy you originally asked for it will be on the phone to PSF asking them if they can send it to him. You then don't tell the person that you originally asked that you now have it in order to save them running about like a CNUT because you said you needed it quickly!! You TWAT! :wink:

    Nice to meet a fellow Arrser by the way. :D Way to get pinged Lord_V! 8)