Army to pay civilian firm £1bn to recruit new soldiers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Oct 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Also in Current Affairs, if you don't just want to be mindlessly abusive (which the announcement probably does deserve!)

2. Been doing the same in Oz for a while iirc. They get paid per recruit so they aren't terribly fussy at times.

3. I often thougth about being a self-employed Army recruiter. I'd wait outside modelling agencies, dance studios, and when some poor lass comes out in floods of tears, cos she's just been told she's a few ounces overweight, or she's not quite the right shape, I will be there to dry her tears, take her for a coffee, and butter her up. "Never mind, I've got just the job for you, my girl. Plenty of overseas travel, action, adventure. We don't mind if you're a few ounces overweight...we don't mind if you're a few pounds overweight! We've got plenty of gym instructors to take care of that, and it won't cost you a penny. All the men you couild possible want, and ££££ as well!!!"

I reckon I could solve the Army's woman-power shortages and make a tidy bit of bunce for myself.