Army to leave Germany!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pensionprisoner, Nov 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watched news today, i was gonna vote tory next year. But saw that they want to move all sqauddies from Germany back to the UK!! FCUK that, join the army and see Catterick!!

2. Not sure that plan's been thought through. Anyone care to highlight one or two or the pertinent issues?

3. There's already a sizeable thread running on this...

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Nothing like being quick on the uptake ;) :oops: Linky

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

What exacly is the point of us remaining in Germany now anyway? They don't want us, they are not committing genocide anymore, and it essentially amounts to an occupation of a fellow EU member - a heavyweight at that. All I can see is some people not wanting to give up on a nice, easy little number. But us being there? Its anachronistic now.

6. HAHAHAHA...................you doofus. There is no point in us staying in BFG. It's historical and difficult, expensive and of limited gain to change.

A lot of them do want us, in no way is it anything like an occupation of a fellow EU member although the cessation of genocide is fairly accurate.

If all you can see is people not wanting to give up a nice easy little number, it's because your eyesight is faulty or you're jealous.

7. Most Germans seem quite happy with us there, obviously not those done over by a drunken squaddie, but they make a fair bit of cash of the British army, we provide jobs, we take very little of their taxpayers money and we don't tell them how to run their country.
    As I said on the other thread though there hasn't been a reason for us to have been there for several years.

8. Does that imply that we'll make the Septics fcuk off out of the UK?

9. Command_doh

Hmmm, where is you evidence that we are wanted? Are you talking about the locally employed civilians and bar owners who rejoice in the cash showered upon them by our lot, or the Politico's who regularly make no secret of the fact we are a hindrance and annoyance to them, not least because of the constant reminder it brings of their predecessors misdeeds?

Personally, I think you are arguing on behalf of the BFG lifers who don't want to give up their cushty little number. Or maybe its their boxhead missuses that are the ones so reticent about relocating to a place where it would be more logical to house their husbands' Unit?

10. Command_doh

Their bases are soverign territory I was led to believe and they still own most of our country ( ;) ) due to the terms laid down in the lend lease agreement. We have the distinction of having never been let off our 'debt' to our 'special friends' despite the fact all their vanquished opponents have had their War debts/reparations wiped out long ago.

11. That post would have made sense had Britain not finished paying its war debt to the USA in 2007.

12. Command_doh

They still own their bases, will never give them up, and we are too scared to tell them to fcuk off, happy instead to please Master and accept any scraps from his left overs (intelligence product mainly, but in anything tbh).

13. I don't think their bases are classed as sovereign territory either.

14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Cheers, I'm having a beer or two as well :D