• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Army to leave Germany!!!!!!

Watched news today, i was gonna vote tory next year. But saw that they want to move all sqauddies from Germany back to the UK!! FCUK that, join the army and see Catterick!!

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
What exacly is the point of us remaining in Germany now anyway? They don't want us, they are not committing genocide anymore, and it essentially amounts to an occupation of a fellow EU member - a heavyweight at that. All I can see is some people not wanting to give up on a nice, easy little number. But us being there? Its anachronistic now.

Command_doh said:
What exacly is the point of us remaining in Germany now anyway? They don't want us, they are not committing genocide anymore, and it essentially amounts to an occupation of a fellow EU member - a heavyweight at that. All I can see is some people not wanting to give up on a nice, easy little number. But us being there? Its anachronistic now.
HAHAHAHA...................you doofus. There is no point in us staying in BFG. It's historical and difficult, expensive and of limited gain to change.

A lot of them do want us, in no way is it anything like an occupation of a fellow EU member although the cessation of genocide is fairly accurate.

If all you can see is people not wanting to give up a nice easy little number, it's because your eyesight is faulty or you're jealous.

Command_doh said:
Most Germans seem quite happy with us there, obviously not those done over by a drunken squaddie, but they make a fair bit of cash of the British army, we provide jobs, we take very little of their taxpayers money and we don't tell them how to run their country.
As I said on the other thread though there hasn't been a reason for us to have been there for several years.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
bluntslane said:
Command_doh said:
HAHAHAHA...................you doofus. There is no point in us staying in BFG. It's historical and difficult, expensive and of limited gain to change.

A lot of them do want us, in no way is it anything like an occupation of a fellow EU member although the cessation of genocide is fairly accurate.

If all you can see is people not wanting to give up a nice easy little number, it's because your eyesight is faulty or you're jealous.
Hmmm, where is you evidence that we are wanted? Are you talking about the locally employed civilians and bar owners who rejoice in the cash showered upon them by our lot, or the Politico's who regularly make no secret of the fact we are a hindrance and annoyance to them, not least because of the constant reminder it brings of their predecessors misdeeds?

Personally, I think you are arguing on behalf of the BFG lifers who don't want to give up their cushty little number. Or maybe its their boxhead missuses that are the ones so reticent about relocating to a place where it would be more logical to house their husbands' Unit?

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Victorian_Major said:
Does that imply that we'll make the Septics fcuk off out of the UK?
Their bases are soverign territory I was led to believe and they still own most of our country ( ;) ) due to the terms laid down in the lend lease agreement. We have the distinction of having never been let off our 'debt' to our 'special friends' despite the fact all their vanquished opponents have had their War debts/reparations wiped out long ago.

Command_doh said:
Victorian_Major said:
Their bases are soverign territory I was led to believe and they still own most of our country ( ;) ) due to the terms laid down in the lend lease agreement. We have the distinction of having never been let off our 'debt' to our 'special friends' despite the fact all their vanquished opponents have had their War debts/reparations wiped out long ago.
That post would have made sense had Britain not finished paying its war debt to the USA in 2007.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
They still own their bases, will never give them up, and we are too scared to tell them to fcuk off, happy instead to please Master and accept any scraps from his left overs (intelligence product mainly, but in anything tbh).

exbleep said:
Command_doh said:
Victorian_Major said:
That post would have made sense had Britain not finished paying its war debt to the USA in 2007.
I don't think their bases are classed as sovereign territory either.

Command_doh said:
They still own their bases, will never give them up, and we are too scared to tell them to fcuk off, happy instead to please Master and accept any scraps from his left overs (intelligence product mainly, but in anything tbh).
Cheers, I'm having a beer or two as well :D

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
stacker1 said:
exbleep said:
Command_doh said:
Victorian_Major said:
I don't think their bases are classed as sovereign territory either.
I thought they were, but may be mistaken, as they are not Embassy's. But its their property. And bearing in mind its them though, is anyone really going to tell them to feck off? We certainly haven't got the balls to do it.

Command_doh said:
I thought they were, but may be mistaken, as they are not Embassy's. But its their property. And bearing in mind its them though, is anyone really going to tell them to feck off? We certainly haven't got the balls to do it.
France did and they are not known for their balls.

R

really?_fascinating

command doh is an ill informed bigoted penis though, so careful reading of his views isrequired. And as a TA soldier he has probably never served in BFG so has no experience to draw upon.

UK Yank bases are soveriegn of course, that is why they are called RAF .... Penis. They are RAF bases with Yanks on them.

As for Army leaving Ge - where are 30000 people and families going to live and work? Cannot say I have noticed three new Brigade locations being built - maybe I missed them - anyone know where they are?

Latest Threads