Army Tin Lid

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by LeverBreachMechanism, Feb 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can somebody help me solve an argument. The old Army skid lid issued through the eigties and before, was it an 1157 issue or was it just the spider and the helmet was issued on your webbing card?

2. I can tell you that from 1958 to 1973 it was an 1157 issue , although we did get issued visored tin lids for NI on a 1033.

3. In the RAC the lid was G1098 IIRC.

4. I seem to remember the spider was an 1157 issue and the lid a unit issue. The spider went with me on posting but I handed the helmet in and got a new one at the other end.

Rodney2q

5. Differant units, differant rules!

In the RAOC - Complete Helmet [green liner (like a headover) sized headband, spider, helmet, chin strap, & scrim net] issued with webbing from G1098 store. (however some earler helmets were still issued with black one-piece liners)

6. Spider was on your 1157, the helmet itself was from the CQMS

7. Agree with the above, spider was on 1157 and the helmet was issued by G1098 stores.

:D

8. Yup, I had my spider as a personal issue

9. Don't forget the old cap comforter... that was on the 1157 too

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

It has been bothering me for years whether my tin hat was issued on my 1157 or 1033 - thanks for solving the conundrum and improving my sleep pattern :wink:

Is it possible to get a mild form of PSTD from worrying about 1033's :?

11. Only if you have lost the contents.

Memories of binos, side-pocket of bergen and a wide expanse of SPTA.....

12. This was the case in my unit as well.