Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Jorrocks, Nov 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's good PR for the Army.

And a pity they cant use real bullets against Clarkson & Co! 8O
  2. I was part of the team for the MPH SHOW and we even offered Top gear a proper piece of hardware, but they opted for the civvy 432 you see in the picture. I notice they dont mention the Apache helicopter the AAC parked at the Top gear show for three days. (it was out of flying hours before anyone says anything)
  3. I like the readers response about how Top Gear should deploy to Afghanistan.....

They have haven't they? Several times.
  4. OK, in that case, we should also stop providing people and equipment to support local fetes, school open days etc etc. And the endless hours spent marshalling cars, lending and putting up tents and other equally tedious tasks all in the name of PR.
  5. So how did they get it back to Wattisham or Wallop?

Time spent on Top Gear is a darn site cheaper in recruiting terms than all those costly, cack 'Army.. be the fucking best' adverts. Some people seem to think that absolutely every piece of kit and every person should be on Ops 24/7 leaving nothing whatsoever back in the UK. If they see a Chinook 'bimbling' around LFA1, they immediately get on the blower to their MP demanding 'why our troops haven't got that chopper in theatre'. :roll:
  6. Low loader mate, same way it got there
  7. :D
  8. and I suppose you watch x factor and all that other shoite? tw@t
  9. Can we not use real bullets on X factor instead??
  10. A few days chasing super cars in your AFV... Or a few days bumming around the MT sheds avoiding work.

Which one is more like a useful application of a Peactime soldiers time.

I remember one of our old master drivers organised a bit of a race (Round Robin with "Challenges" along the way). It was remembered as an excellent day had by all and many a laugh was had at teams trying to change wheels whilst knee deep in water because they had mis judged on their navigation skills etc but more importantly the training that took place before and during was invaluable. Lessons learned whilst "Playing" were taken with us on ops. Whats up with that?
  11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Anybody got a spare Tin Foil hat please, my one seems to have been nicked??
  12. Surely it's all a rehearsal for when Clarkson becomes PM?
  13. Fcking hell, if only - i pray for that day to come - no messing about (although i suspect his policy base would be a little narrow) :D
  14. Some say they've even been operating in secret across the Pakistani border, making hit-and-run episodes against Taliban supply lines.

The MOD has neither confirmed nor denied this.