Army telemark

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Mercedis, Jul 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the POC for the army telemark group that is being set up. It was in soldier some months back.

Cheers

2. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Had not heard about this if anyone gets any info I would be interested as well

3. Ditto here please.

4. Soldier mag came up with the details. The ad was in the public domain so no probs reproducing the names and numbers here.

The more that sign up for this, the more likely that we can get the support that ' :x snowboarding :x ' (did I just swear at myself) has managed to get over the years. They have put a nice news letter together. Give the guys your support.

Info requested is as follows:

WO1 (SMI) Chris Marren RE Comd Wing RSME 94 661 2812
    WO2 (AQMS) Jamie McMeechan REME
    Edinburgh UOTC 94 748 5448
    SSgt Paul Gallimore PSI 131 Cdo Sqn (V) 94 424 8166

Regards
    Heather
    Soldier Magazine

5. Blimey, didnt know there were so many other Telemarkers(?) out there I thought I was alone. I can come out and admit it now.

6. I know this thread is very old, but thought it was important to let you know that there is a big push going on at the moment to get Telemark included in the Army Ski Champs in 2008 - and the more (even reluctant) telemarkers that come out of the woodwork and throw their weight behind it the better.

See www.gbtelemark.co.uk for more information including write-ups for the 2007 season and the all important Contact details.