Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by, May 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Inaugural Army Telemark Ski Championships will take place over 10 days in Jan (5 - 14 Jan 08). Some Corps and Regiments have already got POCs (names for which are available from me) who will coordinate efforts and answer queries from specific Regiments.

The championships will be an opportunity for established and new-to-the-sport telemarkers to compete over a designated telemark course, with a jump and skating sections where applicable. It is the first time that the Army have has a championships of this type and the committee have worked hard to make it possible. You DO NOT have to be an Army Level Skier to compete!

Costs will not be exorbitant for the 10 days and it is hoped to keep the personal contributions down to below £350, this will include accom, 1/2 board, bus transfer from Salzburg and lift passes. Units should be able to subsidise the team aswell to reduce costs further, in addition being a member of the Army Sports Lottery has significant benefits too.

Be a part of a new and exciting sport in the Army that is growing across the world. The competition is open to indivduals aswell as teams. It is anticipated that families will be welcome to accompany if desired. If you would like more information PM me and visit

Good luck and I hope to hear from you.