Army Snowboarding - Does it exist?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by ChukkaofSpears, Feb 14, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There are a couple of keen Snowboarders in my unit who would like to pursue their sport in Army time - is there anyone out there who could point us in the right direction?
  2. There is an ariticle in the sports pages of the Soldier magazine this month about Army Snowboarding.  I don't think it is currently recognised as adventure training (I mean how can sitting around on the slopes be considered adventurous) , however there is an Army championship every year (which I think the article about)....
  3. There's a skiing and snowboarding competition in March, in Scotland.

My mate boarded in it last year. Only about 20 boarders which is nothing compared to the skiers.
  4. Snowboarding in Scotland is not really what i had in mind?!!! How do they do that - on a Playstation? I can't remember the last time they had any decent snow up there!
  5. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

PM me and I'll set you up with the details of the bloke who can help
  6. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

There are links on the AWSA pages on the army website with all the details for the army championships held in France in January. The Sigs also hold a championships in November December with about 100 Boarders taking part in Austria.
  7. Right dude, there is a shit load of boarders out there and as soon as most of them get back from sandboarding they will hungry for powder.  You can most of the info from the web site (Go to links page)  At the last count there was about 300 boarders, not all get out to Austria each year for obvious reasons but we would have 200 if it was not for some small conflict!?!   There are contacts on the Boarding website and you can get indivdual Regts & Corps contacts from us.  Spread the word and remember............