Army signallers receive Afghanistan campaign medals

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. That photographer's name has to be made up! Corporal Obi Igboebisiokwu?
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

It's actually Smith but he is dyslexic.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Cow

Cow LE

No, that is his name! Massive guy, only person I know who had his bed on his 1157 as it was extra long.
  5. He'd have to be, otherwise his name tag would be half way round his back.
  6. Ex Tech actually.

7. Yeyyy come on you Sigs.Well done you guys.....

Attached Files:

• sig.jpg
      File size:
      7.4 KB
  8. ""I also want to pay tribute to those who didn't deploy and stayed behind as part of the Rear Operations Group - you have done your bit for Queen and Country in supporting the squadron in Afghanistan and supporting the families at home.

"I want to say a huge thank you to the families, you don't get a medal, but you should. Your dedication and support to your loved ones serving in Afghanistan is vital to their morale and vital to success.""

Standby standby
  9. Put them on the list for NDM recipients
  10. X59

X59 LE

Is ' Rear Operations Group' the new term for 'rear party' or is that just a wind up ?

Must admit that rear 'party' sounds frivolous, but the guys left behind ROGering doesn't sound too serious either.
  11. Now there's another reason for a brand new thread if ever I heard one. QGJM, QDJM, NDM and now the ROGer medal.
    (Whoops, have to be a quicker on the quoting and typing as X59 got his ROGering in joke before me. Shit)
  12. Surprised you don't know him JBM.
  13. Don't worry....I think you got away with it. I've had a quick look around and no-one's sniggering at what is quite possibly the gayest post of the day.

Of course he knows him! Who hasn't seen Star Wars?!?!
  14. He was before my time at Blandford apparently and I didn't run into him before his transfer. I'm delighted to find out that he exists though, bet the Provos loved booking him in and out every time he went off camp!

His MOD 90 must be ****ing huge.
  15. A bit of googling reveals a few interesting titbits about our unpronounceable photographer ... RLC, name appears to come from Nigeria, and he used to have three stripes. Hmm ...

Whatever, well done the blokes from 207 Sqn. Having taught VP often enough, I can't begin to imagine doing so in that context!