Army signallers receive Afghanistan campaign medals

Ministry of Defence said:
Soldiers from the 7th Armoured Brigade Headquarters and Signal Squadron (207 Signal Squadron) have been presented with campaign medals after a demanding six-month tour in Afghanistan.

More...

Yeyyy come on you Sigs.Well done you guys.....

Attachments

""I also want to pay tribute to those who didn't deploy and stayed behind as part of the Rear Operations Group - you have done your bit for Queen and Country in supporting the squadron in Afghanistan and supporting the families at home.

"I want to say a huge thank you to the families, you don't get a medal, but you should. Your dedication and support to your loved ones serving in Afghanistan is vital to their morale and vital to success.""

Standby standby

""I also want to pay tribute to those who didn't deploy and stayed behind as part of the Rear Operations Group - you have done your bit for Queen and Country in supporting the squadron in Afghanistan and supporting the families at home.

"I want to say a huge thank you to the families, you don't get a medal, but you should. Your dedication and support to your loved ones serving in Afghanistan is vital to their morale and vital to success.""

Standby standby
Put them on the list for NDM recipients

Standby standby
Is ' Rear Operations Group' the new term for 'rear party' or is that just a wind up ?

Must admit that rear 'party' sounds frivolous, but the guys left behind ROGering doesn't sound too serious either.

Standby standby
Now there's another reason for a brand new thread if ever I heard one. QGJM, QDJM, NDM and now the ROGer medal.
(Whoops, have to be a quicker on the quoting and typing as X59 got his ROGering in joke before me. Shit)

A bit of googling reveals a few interesting titbits about our unpronounceable photographer ... RLC, name appears to come from Nigeria, and he used to have three stripes. Hmm ...

Whatever, well done the blokes from 207 Sqn. Having taught VP often enough, I can't begin to imagine doing so in that context!

A bit of googling reveals a few interesting titbits about our unpronounceable photographer ... RLC, name appears to come from Nigeria, and he used to have three stripes. Hmm ...
There's a LOT more to it than you could imagine mate. Prudence, and the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, prevent me from saying more.
Anyone in Blandford in 1998 will remember him.

SS

There's a LOT more to it than you could imagine mate. Prudence, and the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, prevent me from saying more.
Anyone in Blandford in 1998 will remember him.

SS
I remember the chap. Anyone else there on the infamous identity parade. He got knocked off. Apparently the chap who streaked the Naafi wasn't likely to fit Obi's description.