Army Sergeant Major -> Senior Enlisted Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, they're a strange breed. As a WO2 newly posted into the Bn my introduction to the CO consisted of queueing outside his office for 4 hours before being marched at a hundred miles an hour into the office then marking time in front of his desk.
That was to teach you not to gob off at Ishtar on ARRSE.

Indeed, they're a strange breed. As a WO2 newly posted into the Bn my introduction to the CO consisted of queueing outside his office for 4 hours before being marched at a hundred miles an hour into the office then marking time in front of his desk.
The Black Watch were just as bad. My arrival interview with the CO consisted of parading with other new arrivals and all those about to go on orders - all of us poor souls from the attached arms in Number 2 dress and the Jocks in No 2 kilt order. As a newly promoted Sgt, I wondered what I had done to deserve the posting, as I marked time in front of the CO with the RSM screaming in my ear to “get ‘em up, get ‘em up”.
The CO basically said “welcome to the Battalion, I hope you enjoy your tour - march him out RSM”. Happy times! :grin:

Has the new ASM got less shit 'tats'?

The fact the last one was a self addicted gormless wooden top and the new one is gripping his mates adds to the entertainment.
Basically, the Rifles geezer is doing the job "look at me" totally failed to do.......

I have a feeling a ‘quiet chat’ with the new top ‘bag carrier’ is inbound about ‘Regt business’ and ‘CofC undermining’ in the near future.

I hope not, but ... :)

I have a feeling a ‘quiet chat’ with the new top ‘bag carrier’ is inbound about ‘Regt business’ and ‘CofC undermining’ in the near future.

I hope not, but ... :)
I do wonder whether the RSM of the unit concerned is going to give him a call and tell him to wind his neck in... :)

He didn't actually need to go on FYB - a quiet call the other way could have solved this, but then I suppose where does his "look at me" moment come from?

I do wonder whether the RSM of the unit concerned is going to give him a call and tell him to wind his neck in... :)

He didn't actually need to go on FYB - a quiet call the other way could have solved this, but then I suppose where does his "look at me" moment come from?
He may have tried that approach and met a wall of blue red blue arrogance.........

You mean that he advertised to serving soldiers and possibly potential recruits that hes looking after the lads who are getting dry bummed by ********* with rank? I know raising morale isnt very fashionable in the Army but it might catch on.

If the RSM does have a moan he should be sacked as he obviously thinks threatening soldiers to deprive them of money is a. acceptable or b. legal.

I believe the issue got publicly stamped on to remind everyone of these facts. I very much hope there are disciplinary measures being lined up against whichever cretins though it was a good idea in the first place.

As he is Rifles, he may be benefitting from the current wave of social media savvy posts that are coming from all sorts including CFA.
For example from Twitter, the current exchanges regarding a Cpl shaving off a renowned 'tache, during which CFA "arranged" a posting

As he is Rifles, he may be benefitting from the current wave of social media savvy posts that are coming from all sorts including CFA.
For example from Twitter, the current exchanges regarding a Cpl shaving off a renowned 'tache, during which CFA "arranged" a posting
Makes a change from his usual right on and trendy bullshit that he spouts.

He may be using t'internet to (a) avoid having to make any further such interventions, and (b) ensure that at least a small part of the world outside the Army bubble knows that he is doing so.
It's a very effective tool. **** the blokes around and potentially you will be publically shamed.

He just needs to be ******* airtight with his fact checking. There must be a queue of sharp lads lining up bites for him to chomp on.

Double edged sword t'interweb

Kudos to Alfie though, he is making money and chairing the new AD-HOC squaddie union:mrgreen: And FYB comments are a joy to read

Mebbe.

But it's only dictatorships that live in fear of it

If it shines enough light on right parts of the closed society that is the military, it could do a lot of good.
Absolutely. Non savvy adults need to just watch they don't get sucked into it:mrgreen:

One wonky post can kill a civvy at 20 paces

Publically calling out dinosaurs for ******* people around might do some good.

Status
Not open for further replies.