Army Sergeant Major message about extremism in the British Army

Pob02

War Hero
Book Reviewer
That was explained in the soldier magazine by some major who said that it was a tactical pause in the exercise and was based on real events, now I'm not saying he's a lying bastard because it could have happened but absolute no one I know including serving Muslim soldiers have ever seen anything like it (The Muslim soldiers also say they would "store" all their prayers until the patrol was finished.
I have seen it happen ( a few times), and they were at a natural pauses on exercise.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just had confirmation this morning that the ASM can **** right off, the regiment is sleeves up.

#commonsense?

Sleeves Up? 'Common Sense' Army Summer Dress Divides Twitter

My ******* arse
Can you imagine a very keen infantry Adjutant looking out of his window and seeing a company marching past with some sleeves up and some down. There would be an immediate scream for the RSM, the RSM would then descend on the CSM.
Though I can't believe that the ASM's instruction was to be taken in that context, perhaps he meant individuals, and not those in Battalions or Corps, squadrons etc who have their own internal dress regs.

Can you imagine a very keen infantry Adjutant looking out of his window and seeing a company marching past with some sleeves up and some down. There would be an immediate scream for the RSM, the RSM would then descend on the CSM.
Though I can't believe that the ASM's instruction was to be taken in that context, perhaps he meant individuals, and not those in Battalions or Corps, squadrons etc who have their own internal dress regs.
It was passed down to us that the intention was it was the individual own decision unless on parade or something similar.
Basically he's been rodded off.

Same here. As of tomorrow sleeves up, no T-shirt and "if anyone starts quoting the Army SM, they can fúck right off".
As I said here

Lets face it, this issue was never about the juniors anyway. Much like HD pullovers, it was about the general non compliance of officers across every staff HQ in the army. Rather than follow their 'leaders' code and comply with direction they disagreed with they simply cracked on with their hero sleeves and whatever the f*ck they like..

Net result; Army Sgt Maj tweets that he is 'down wid da kidz' and dress will become personal choice. RSM's decide 'not a f*cking coco' and crack on as normal. Senior officers are now compliant. V&S and the ALC in action :)
But at least our Command Sergeant Majors don't have a moral dilemma about looking the other way when those in their HQ's are dressed differently any more :)

Maybe they are making a difference after all ^~

I have seen it happen ( a few times), and they were at a natural pauses on exercise.
I would find it a little concerning.

It rather reminds me of the story when the Lone Ranger and Tonto are both behind a boulder desperately fighting off dozens of hostile Apache. Realising that he was down to his last couple of bullets, the Lone Ranger turns to his trusty companion and says, "Well, Tonto old friend, we've been through a few scrapes together and we've always come through, but this time it looks like we have come to the end of the road". Tonto draws slowly draws out his knife, looks meaningfully at the Lone Ranger and says, "So what's all this 'we' business then, paleface?"

Pob02

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I would find it a little concerning.

It rather reminds me of the story when the Lone Ranger and Tonto are both behind a boulder desperately fighting off dozens of hostile Apache. Realising that he was down to his last couple of bullets, the Lone Ranger turns to his trusty companion and says, "Well, Tonto old friend, we've been through a few scrapes together and we've always come through, but this time it looks like we have come to the end of the road". Tonto draws slowly draws out his knife, looks meaningfully at the Lone Ranger and says, "So what's all this 'we' business then, paleface?"
Strangely enough these were not in the middle of a firefight . . .

does it really matter if a squad marches down the road with some sleeves up, some in smocks and some not. It doesn't, does it.

does it really matter if a squad marches down the road with some sleeves up, some in smocks and some not. It doesn't, does it.
It matters to some people.

The booking transport thing was a bit of flippancy listed as one of a number of menial tasks that a second/third tour WO1 (or first/Second tour LE!) is getting paid the best part of £50000 a year to perform, tasks that used to be peformed, for the most part, completely satisfactorily by a WO who also peformed another day job.

£50000 x the number of these ‘bag carriers’ is a significant lump sum a year. Either they are not doing much more than ‘booking transport’ and providing conversation on the road for their pet VSOs, or the (tremendous) work they are doing isn’t being communicated, either way, they are not adding value to the soldiers they supposedly represent nor the government purse.

Uterrly pointless posts, in my opinion, others are available :)
what do these LE WOs actually do? They aren't connected to troops. If an officer of any rank needs troop's opinions, then surely they can talk to the RSMs of their subordinate units. Not slide in extra ranks that are not needed and bizarre (LE WO?)