• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Army Sergeant Major message about extremism in the British Army

I rather suspect most of this upheaval is down to external pressures on the forces to stay in line with forthcoming legislation and modern civilian practices, rather than a group of ‘forward thinking’ Warrant Officers getting their heads together and recommending flexible working, NEM and other stuff to their bosses.

I could be wrong though :)
The thing is some civvie jobs will not implement flexible working hours just by the nature of the their job, those that do get flexi hours normally get paid for those hours and anyone doing overtime on their behalf normally will get paid for it.
Not so the army, to many bellends at the top who wont be doing extra guard duties, shit exercises and other last minute spammings say (publicly) its a marvelous idea.

Whoever do you mean?
Anyone non-white, non-straight and/or non-convenient?

That was explained in the soldier magazine by some major who said that it was a tactical pause in the exercise and was based on real events, now I'm not saying he's a lying bastard because it could have happened but absolute no one I know including serving Muslim soldiers have ever seen anything like it (The Muslim soldiers also say they would "store" all their prayers until the patrol was finished.

That was explained in the soldier magazine by some major that it was a tactical pause in the exercise and was based on real events, now I'm not saying he's a lying bastard because it could have happened but absolute no one I know including serving Muslim soldiers have ever seen anything like it (The Muslim soldiers also say they would "store" all their prayers until the patrol was finished.
Of course it was and had nothing to do with 99% of the UK population going WTF when it first came on tv?

That ad was produced 10yrs too early, the UK isn't ready for those inconvenient truths yet.
Classic...Based on real events?

Of course it was and had nothing to do with 99% of the UK population going WTF when it first came on tv?

That ad was produced 10yrs too early, the UK isn't ready for those inconvenient truths yet.
Classic...Based on real events?
SOLDIER MAR 2018

Page 47

There is, one of them might be Hd of Intra in 2 years time and able to ensure that the contract is more fitting.
It's always jam tomorrow isn't it?
Yet we all know that more contracts are going to be signed that will fuckover the armed forces.

Last edited:
If a contract is signed and in place, a Junior LE Captain, that more than likely isn’t contract aware, isn’t going to change anything is he.
I thought he had the ear of the VSOs? Clearly not eh?

The thing is some civvie jobs will not implement flexible working hours just by the nature of the their job, those that do get flexi hours normally get paid for those hours and anyone doing overtime on their behalf normally will get paid for it.
Not so the army, to many bellends at the top who wont be doing extra guard duties, shit exercises and other last minute spammings say (publicly) its a marvelous idea.
I don't disagree, but I am not having for one moment that these changes are the brainchild or being driven by the various Command Sgt Majors (of whatever flavour).

I don't disagree, but I am not having for one moment that these changes are the brainchild or being driven by the various Command Sgt Majors (of whatever flavour).
You would think that behind closed doors they telling the VSOs what a bag of bollocks it all is...

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Just had confirmation this morning that the ASM can **** right off, the regiment is sleeves up.

#commonsense?

Sleeves Up? 'Common Sense' Army Summer Dress Divides Twitter

My ******* arse
Now, the British Army's first sergeant major has outlined a new policy on Twitter...
Pedantic, perhaps - but shouldn't that be "The first British Army Sergeant Major"...?

After all, I'm pretty sure Pat Harper was wearing 4 tapes and keeping Major Sharpe on his toes (in between tarmaccing driveways and selling dodgy TVs out the back of silver vans), long before the British Army decided to conjure up an entirely superfluous appointment.

Doubtless though, the ASM will get a stiff ignoring in Brunssum as well as a quick poll around various different units shows that COs/RSMs don't give a flying **** what his opinion is.